Places to stay during Alaska training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

turbodriver

Where do most people end up? The extended stay hotels want around $400 per week and apartments want 6 month leases.

Any past trainees know of cheap places? I assume that you only need the hotel until you pass the sim. How long is that exactly so I can estimate a cost?

UPS or Fedex??

For a place to stay? Explain.

he's implyng you would be happier commuting to Memphis or Lousiville...to each his own.

check out Craigslist for short term housing. usually you can find something relatively cheap or get a place with some of your classmates.

good luck,
Mookie

he's implyng you would be happier commuting to Memphis or Lousiville...to each his own.

check out Craigslist for short term housing. usually you can find something relatively cheap or get a place with some of your classmates.

good luck,
Mookie

You are correct but now it does occur to me that with what Alaska Airlines pays now, a Fed-Ex or UPS box might be the only form of housing you can afford.

You'll be treated like a homeless person so you may as well play the part. Give em what they pay for.

The Quality inn was about $40/nt with the 10th nt free. It's across the street from training and has free breakfast. I did it last year and wasn't too bad.

Alaska Makes you pay for your own hotel during training? I've read that Delta does the same after Indoc. What is the industry coming too? I got the call from Alaska but I'm gonna pass on the Offer just can't make the Numbers Work there. If they called 2-3 yrs ago I would have taken the job without a blink of the eye. Oh well good luck to all the new hires Alaska's still my favorite airline to fly on to and from work.

Alaska Makes you pay for your own hotel during training? I've read that Delta does the same after Indoc. What is the industry coming too? I got the call from Alaska but I'm gonna pass on the Offer just can't make the Numbers Work there. If they called 2-3 yrs ago I would have taken the job without a blink of the eye. Oh well good luck to all the new hires Alaska's still my favorite airline to fly on to and from work.

It does not look like anything has changed at all. I had to pay my own hotel in MSP when I hired on with North Central in 1959. For a job that payed $450 a month. Young guys seem to think everything was roses in the old days. It wasn't.

It does not look like anything has changed at all. I had to pay my own hotel in MSP when I hired on with North Central in 1959. For a job that payed $450 a month. Young guys seem to think everything was roses in the old days. It wasn't.

to be fair, $450 in 1959, adjusted for GDP, is equal to more than $3000 a month today. As a new hire back then, things were rosier...at least as pay was concerned. Today, United airlines pays new hires less than $2000 dollars a month...Much less 48 years later. Pathetic.

Latest resources

Back