• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Place your bets: Experience vs. Technology

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both should have Link 16, HMCS, and -9X. He who makes the fewer mistakes and is on his game will crush the other.

Sticks and stones is the only way to do it anymore. Helmet and 9X just suck all the fun out of it. Nothing like getting shot after 180 degrees of turn.

Sticks and stones is the only way to do it anymore. Helmet and 9X just suck all the fun out of it. Nothing like getting shot after 180 degrees of turn.

Old school was more fun, no doubt. Visual butterfly sets, fights on at the merge, papas and guns only and the hard deck is the ground. Sigh....

The new way is much more lethal to the bad guys, though. No foreign Air Force has the balls to hot nose a US fighter inside xx miles

The technological advances point in one direction only, and I hate to say it or admit it - unmanned air-air fighters. Lots of them. Call them drones or whatever you want. It is relatively easy to make a low-observable unmanned jet, mount a pair of heaters on it, and have some sort of datalink or rude AI program that simply makes it hot-nose the target. Get some tone - F2 kill. Frat might be an issue, but if nothing is airborne except unmanned fighters, that is easier to swallow.

I like the concept of decoys. You're inbound to a big merge... launch a few small, dumb rockets or similar that have both a largish radar cross-section, AND a rocket motor plume that has a nice, brite IR signature. Let THEM soak up the enemy face ordnance.

I like the concept of decoys. You're inbound to a big merge... launch a few small, dumb rockets or similar that have both a largish radar cross-section, AND a rocket motor plume that has a nice, brite IR signature. Let THEM soak up the enemy face ordnance.

I think that's called a tumbleweed wingman.

<-----like this guy.

Latest resources

Back