Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vastly Underemp

Mr. Priapism
Anyone have the scoop on the new HAR routes and how this pitch and catch thing is supposed to work?

High Altitude Redesign (HAR) Phase I RNAV routing, pitch and catch points:
The purpose of this section of the Special High Altitude Routes is to present user routing options for flight within the initial HAR Phase I airspace. Users are able to fly user-preferred routes, referred to as non-restrictive routing, between specific fixes described by pitch (entry into) and catch (exit out of) the HAR airspace. Pitch points indicate an end of departure procedures, preferred IFR routings, or other established routing programs where a flight can begin a segment of non-restrictive routing. The catch point indicates where a flight ends a segment of non-restrictive routing and joins published arrival procedures, preferred IFR routing, or other established routing programs.

To develop a flight plan, select pitch and catch points based upon your desired route across the Phase I airspace. Filing requirements to pitch points, and from catch points, remain unchanged from current procedures. For the portion of the route between the pitch and catch points, non-restrictive routing is permitted. Where pitch points for a specific airport are not identified, aircraft should file an appropriate departure procedure(DP), or any other user preferred routing prior to the NRR portion of their routing. Where catch points for a specific airport are not identified aircraft should file, after the non-restrictive routing portion of their routing, an appropriate arrival procedure or other user preferred routing to their destination. Additionally, information concerning the location and schedule of Special Use
Airspace (SUA) and Air Traffic Control Assigned Airspace (ATCAA) can be found on the Web Site:www.faa.mil/hialt. ATCAA refers to airspace in the high altitude structure supporting military and other special operations. Users are encouraged to file around these areas when they are scheduled to be active.

In conjunction with the HAR program RNAV routes have been established to provide for a systematic flow of air traffic in specific portions of the enroute flight environment. The designator for these RNAV routes begin with the letter Q, for example, Q-501. Where those routes aid in the efficient orderly management of air traffic they will be published as preferred IFR routes.

They just can't leave airspace alone, can they?

Every few years we get to learn a new way of doing things.

Groundpounder said:
Insert joke here about "pitchers and catchers"

uh huh huh huh huh
He said "insert"
huh huh huh uh huh.

CE

I knew it wouldn't take long.

PS Groundpounder, Don't you think is purty funny that between your user name and avitar it has the words ass and pounder?

Last edited:
OK, guys, I asked about pitchers and catchers, not Oilers and Packers.

It's opening day at Fenway....GO SOX!!!!!!!

Hey Crimson, you should add DILLIGAF to your ratings (ATP, SNAFU, FUBAR).

Hehe

Latest resources

Back