Piper Cheyenne IIIA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rondo

Boss is interested at a Piper Cheyenne IIIA. I've got a lot of experience with King Airs. Seems like a lot of airplane for the money. Any general comments or concerns? MX? Parts?

I second that one....

Third that one! Parts were a problem 17 years ago when I was flying the Piper Turboprops...I can only imagnine now! how many did they make, when was the last time they made airframe parts? It's a good plane that they still should be making, that is the highlight. JMHO

Good luck finding parts.

Lots of fun to fly. Can be a pain learning all the quirks! If you know who you are buying it from and they can teach you the plane that is a big plus.

Parts can be a bitch! but we always found what we needed.

Make sure you take it to a Cheyenne service center and they will take good care of you. It will be worth the commute if there is not one near you.

Good luck and let us know if you get it and what you think.

Jeeez, really guys? I ran 3 Cheyennes (I thru IIIA) for 10 years 135 and never had any major problems with mx, our baron was worse!. A good shop, not necessarily a service center, but someone who can work with one is good. That and a little planning and we had no issues at all. Is everbody flying these things correctly that they are going through all these parts??

I had a couple trips sitting SIC on a Cheyenne back in the day and I loved it. It was a beast of an aircraft and very solid. Good memories...

Latest resources

Back