• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piper Arrow II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turbo Arrows? Spoiled rich Coloradans I'd say. Around here we only see turbos on trucks... But one day maybe someone in New Mexico will be able to afford the amazing powerflow exhaust for thier 172... :)

Seriously Mark, lemme know if you're headed this way (actually--I'll be in Pagosa for the summer).

Dan

Arrow III

I have been flying the Arrow III in colorado for a few years with 200 HP and it is a dog at 6000 msl (COS). Stay out of the vibration range, I believe it is 1500 to 1950 rpm, tends to create cracks in the vertical and horizontal stabilizer.:eek:

Red zone

The Arrow II has the same problem - I think the danger is in engine damage, not the empennage though...

I understand the 3-bladed prop (Hartzell?) can eliminate the RPM restriction if installed.

I guess the 200hp is kind of a dog with the gear down, but having flown a straight-legged Cardinal with 180hp in the same conditions, I'll take the Arrow every time...

Re: Red zone

Pilotadjuster said:
The Arrow II has the same problem - I think the danger is in engine damage, not the empennage though...

Actually it is, we have 2 arrows and you can see all the stop drilled holes at the end of the cracks in the empennage, however the engine is suceptible to damage through vibration as well.
Thank you for reminding me.

Dan CFI/CFII said:
Turbo Arrows? Spoiled rich Coloradans I'd say.
More like enjoying living. The Turbo version is an awesome and fast airplane. I did a Denver -> Amarillo round trip in 5 hours on the Hobbs in a III
Seriously Mark, lemme know if you're headed this way (actually--I'll be in Pagosa for the summer).
I was just in Albuquerque this past weekend -- group trip by the Colorado Pilot's Association. Maybe we'll get a chance to get together tater this simmer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back