Pipe Line patrol opening

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tracearabians

There is a job posted in Casper, Wy for a pipe line patrol pilot. Requirements: Comm, second class med, 1200 hrs. Starting salary is $41000. Using C-210. Accepting resumes through Dec 14. Fax resumes to 970-382-9743.

Well, if I lived closer I"d have to give this one a look. Been flying pipeline for 5 years now, and have a little over 5,000 hrs on the line. That sounds like a good position. Do you know what company it is with?

Last edited:
41,000 for a job that only requires 1200TT??

Where do I sign up???????????

Trust me, it's not as easy as it sounds... especially in that part of the country. You'll WORK for that $41,000, and if it's with the company I'm thinking it is, their maintainance practices leave ALOT to be desired. Flying low altitude operations is not where you want to have to worry about your maintainance, and the terrain in that part of the country doesnt make it any better. Also, if it's the same company, they generally prefer at least a year of patrol experience.

Trust me, it's not as easy as it sounds... especially in that part of the country. You'll WORK for that $41,000, and if it's with the company I'm thinking it is, their maintainance practices leave ALOT to be desired. Flying low altitude operations is not where you want to have to worry about your maintainance, and the terrain in that part of the country doesnt make it any better. Also, if it's the same company, they generally prefer at least a year of patrol experience.

I Do the Casper & Rock Springs route in ferry flights fun route.

And to think, I did it for 5 bucks an hour!!! Ughh times have changed. Thats not bad money to fly a 210!!!!

5 bucks an hour on pipeline patrol??? I make a little over 40 a year flying a Skylane on pipeline. Sh!t, I wouldnt WASH my patrol plane for 5 bucks an hour!!

That was a long time ago when there were NO flying jobs and every Tom Dick and Harry were paying 15k for a checkout in the right seat of a turbo prop to go the regionals. I never paid for training, got some good time under my belt that I didn't pay for! Its been pretty good jobs since then.

Think back to 1990-eh 93 when there wasn't any flying jobs.... it will happen again!!! They were talking about the pilot shortage then! Life is good now and the cycle is up, but its just a cycle.

my 2 cents.. and your right, now days 5 bucks and hour is an insult!
Its nice to see that people are actually getting paid like they should be.

Last edited:
You are correct, my friend. I'm thankful every day that I have a good seat that pays decent with a good stable company.

Latest resources

Back