• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PinnaColaba expecting 2nd quarter loss due to pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, like last time. We had a ruling from the judge that said the company could impose what they wanted (after a long fight in the courts which we intially won). So, we had two choices: super crappy imposed contract or our negotiated deal that wasn't as crappy but still less than our current book at the time. What would you have done?

Nobody (except jyncy) disputes that an agreed to settlement was the best thing for Mesaba or any other group in bankruptcy. There is no doubt that the Mesaba pilot contract came out better through negotiation than it would have been under imposed terms. I was trying to illustrate that foolish chest beating by guys like jyncy is very immature and shows an overall lack of understanding of how pretty much anything in this world works. The last person in the world you want deciding the terms of your pilot contract is a bankruptcy judge.

JyncyJericho said:
If we have to take concessions it'll have to be a bankruptcy judge that steals it from us.

= Bull Sh*t!!

Nobody (except jyncy) disputes that an agreed to settlement was the best thing for Mesaba or any other group in bankruptcy. There is no doubt that the Mesaba pilot contract came out better through negotiation than it would have been under imposed terms. I was trying to illustrate that foolish chest beating by guys like jyncy is very immature and shows an overall lack of understanding of how pretty much anything in this world works. The last person in the world you want deciding the terms of your pilot contract is a bankruptcy judge.

= Bull Sh*t!!

Maybe you need people like Jyncy to "rally the troops" in order to solidify the pilot group to get ready for another "battle" with management?

:uzi:

Hold on.... Let me get my ammo box.

Chest thumping may continue in the interim.

Maybe you need people like Jyncy to "rally the troops" in order to solidify the pilot group to get ready for another "battle" with management?

Hehe, it was lost on him the moment I said it. Don't worry about it, there is no rally to be had at least as far as "Doing Time" is concerned.

Tough to make a battle cry on the internet anyway, *shrug*, hope we can at least pretend to be tough if the time comes.

-jyncy :)

Hard to blame this on Menke when he walked into this mess created by previous management. We weren't even staffed appropriately for the old contract, let alone the new one. We were paying 200 percent for months before the new contract kicked in. All the new contract did was take a bad situation and make it worse. No surprises that the old CFO left either, and Menke has brought his own guy in. I think you will see more management changes before all this is said and done. This won't get fixed until we get to minimum staffing required for the new contract, which won't be until mid winter, at best.

Am I supposed to feel bad for working 200% like a.... well....

No but I think they have to give a reason for the loss to investors. If not for the employees at Pinnacle working together (particularly the pilots) this could have been much worse. It looks like the worst is behind us, but it will still take a few months before things get anywhere near normal...

The only thing we have going for us is everyone else is in the same boat or worse. Republic is losing the house on frontier, comair and eagle are money pits, TSA had to be paid to get rid of compass, Skywest has their hands full with xjet/asa ... The idea that regional airlines can sustain a profit over the long-term with the position they are in with mainline partners is deeply in question.

Just imagine if they had to pay market rates for fuel. The death of the CRJ is coming...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back