• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only know that they have cancelled a lot of new hire vacancies lately and mgmnt. has said that they are slowing down crew production.

Just heard there will be around 8 new hires per month for the rest of the year. I don't know what they told you in the interview about reserve, but add about 8-10 months to what they told you. Reserve is running about a year for a new hire FO in Detroit. Good luck!

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Manag. either knows and is keeping it from the pilot group, or more likely, NWA is keeping Pinnacle in the dark. They are trying to move a lot of the flying to Memphis and the rumor is that they are going to try and establish a regional hub at Memphis??? We're the last to know anything.

Actually, it's two classes of 8 new hires each month for the rest of the year. 16 total for each month. That's what Barney said in the DTW pilot meeting last week anyway.

Also, two classes of 4 Captain upgrades each month for the remainder of the year. Things are still moving, but not quite as briskly as they were a year ago.

Class dates are about 12 weeks out or so..

This has been normal at pinnacle. As the pool grows, so will the class date. No rhyme or reason how they draw from the pool either.

DTW FO's are frozen for the time being, same thing happened in MSP a little more than a year ago. Expect DTW to open by years end and a decrease in reserve, I would "guess" MEM wil be the next to have reserves into the year + range (typical company knee jerk reaction to under/overstaffing).

Best of luck on swimming in the pool.. stay on top of HR and you may get your answer sooner than you think!

Seems like Stephanie is awful hard to catch. Or is there anyone else should I bother regarding upcoming class dates?

Thanks.

Thre are eight in class right now. That class started on the 7th. You might want to try Kim Monroe. According to a conversation I had with someone from terry's office upgrade time looks like about 36 months right now.

Best of luck.

After the final aircraft delivery, and with no new airplanes after that, upgrade time will be a lot longer than 3 years. We'll see what happens if there is ever an IPO, but that is about the only thing in the near future that could have a major affect on staffing. With no turnover and an expected fleet of 95 aircraft, the companies staffing model calls for about 4.5-5 crews per aircraft. Do the math, you can figure out where the cutoff for captains will be. This is no place, at the present time, to be a long-term FO. By the way, we have about 650 pilots right now. Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back