• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's Aggressive Pilot Recruitment Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will soon be looking at 10 year international captains at 170-180K a year, new-hire international first officers--

You consider that a good salary for a 10 year 76 driver flying international?

WOW.... 170-180K a year as an international widebody captain? We have 700 captains making 120K.... I am not interested Puff.... it isn't worth it... some of us don't live to become double breasted wind checking deltoids... hard to believe, but you won't find my application over there.....

Good, we don't want you. From the way it sounds, your own pilots don't want you either. One other thing, who is working their a$ses off to make 120K, and who is flying 13-14 days a month to make 170-180K?

Additionally, whose wages have nowhere to go but up and whose have that"downward pressure on them"?

You consider that a good salary for a 10 year 76 driver flying international?

As in 10 year pilot at Delta flying captain internationally. Very unusual for a 10 year pilot to be flyin CA internationally in the non-cargo world.

In the context of the discussion with JM, yes, I do consider it a good salary for a 10 year pilot. 60K more than his top 700 W2 and MUCH less work. That's 5K a month, which will pay for cable.

Now if you take it in the context of 2001 rates being 265/hr, no it's not that good.

Take your pick.

Good, we don't want you. From the way it sounds, your own pilots don't want you either. One other thing, who is working their a$ses off to make 120K, and who is flying 13-14 days a month to make 170-180K?

Additionally, whose wages have nowhere to go but up and whose have that"downward pressure on them"?

PuffDriver,

You can make 120K and still have 15 days off if you are 18+ years.

As far as the downward pressure you speak of, there is more downward pressure on your rates than on ours..... The regionals have hit bottom because of the good old law of "supply and demand". They can't fill classes, so it will only go up from here. The legacies don't have that advantage as people a still tripping over themselves to become a "major airline pilot"....

PuffDriver,

You can make 120K and still have 15 days off if you are 18+ years.

As far as the downward pressure you speak of, there is more downward pressure on your rates than on ours..... The regionals have hit bottom because of the good old law of "supply and demand". They can't fill classes, so it will only go up from here. The legacies don't have that advantage as people a still tripping over themselves to become a "major airline pilot"....

And at Delta, you can make 240K and have 15 days off if you have 18+ years. The regionals have hit bottom with regard to f/o positions. HIgh paid captain positions on the ATR are on the downtrend, as well as the rjs.

Sorry, try again

And at Delta, you can make 240K and have 15 days off if you have 18+ years.

Sorry, try again

Have to throw the BS flag here Puff..... the top 767ER captain would have to average 112.40 hours per month to get 240K.... what are you smoking?

I do consider it a good salary for a 10 year pilot. 60K more than his top 700 W2 and MUCH less work. That's 5K a month, which will pay for cable.

By your own account 45% less money than 6 years ago is good money and that is Ok with you. That salary is dismal, and I'm sorry you took offence in me calling a DAL 767 captain a "driver" I forgot about the cross vested mentality

Have to throw the BS flag here Puff..... the top 767ER captain would have to average 112.40 hours per month to get 240K.... what are you smoking?

Not smoking anything. It's very possible, and happens all the time. I remember seeing back before C2K, our highest paid pilot made over 400K. The point is this: you like to throw up smoke and mirrors by comparing your highest 1% earners to our 767 reserve drivers. Apples to oranges, and your bluff is called. I personally know two ER drivers, on reserve, who made that money last year, under those conditions.

By your own account 45% less money than 6 years ago is good money and that is Ok with you. That salary is dismal, and I'm sorry you took offence in me calling a DAL 767 captain a "driver" I forgot about the cross vested mentality

here is my reply:

Originally Posted by Dumb Pilot
<<You consider that a good salary for a 10 year 76 driver flying international?>>
As in 10 year pilot at Delta flying captain internationally. Very unusual for a 10 year pilot to be flyin CA internationally in the non-cargo world.

In the context of the discussion with JM, yes, I do consider it a good salary for a 10 year pilot. 60K more than his top 700 W2 and MUCH less work. That's 5K a month, which will pay for cable.

Now if you take it in the context of 2001 rates being 265/hr, no it's not that good.

Take your pick.

I used the words "as in" to convey a pilot, "driver" does not bother me in the least, who has been at Delta a total of 10 years. Not just 10 years flying captain on the 767. That is some very impressive career progression, IMO. That's all I was saying. There are very few companies out there where a 10 year pilot makes 180k. In that respect, it IS good pay.

In comparing the above salary to the same pilot 3 years ago, I agree it is not good.

Clearer?

As for your predisposition to fire-away at the double breast, I don't like it anymore than you do. They pay me to wear it. I never ask for wind checks, I don't fault those who do. Uniforms and safety checks just aren't worth getting a nosebleed over, in my book.

Latest resources

Back