pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargojunkie

why is pinnacle hiring? What is the junior base? what are the bases? what is the latest with the company? contract? interview offer but know nothing about them.

someone needs to do their research......

I'll answer your last question.

3-4 month Reserve.

Last edited:
Pinnacle is based out of Mem Msp and the D. They are hiring due to attrition. Northwest is either going to make them grow a lot, or shrink a lot in the near future. I wish they would make up their mind. Junior base is Detroit, where i have been on reserve for 5 months. We have been in contract negotiations for almost a year and they are not close to being done with them becuase no one on the property is going to accept a substandard contract. When the contract is done, a lot of stuff could improve, but that all depends on NWA and what they do with our flying.
A couple good things are you will fly your butt off on reserve
IF you live in base the schedules are ok, if you commute, I heard they suck.

cargojunkie said:
why is pinnacle hiring?
Could it be because they are getting the FedEx CRJ contract?

Only consider coming here if you aren't going to commute. If you commute you will only be home 6-8 days a month. I don't commute and had 21 days off in Jan. I bid RES because I knew we were going to be staffed ok for the mon.

This place controls its staffing by extensions and junior manning. When they run out of pilots for a day they just go to the guy who just finished a trip and have him do another overnight or round.

Personally, I wouldn't come here if I did not want to live in any of the 3 hubs for 5-10 years. Go to a regional where you can make $36 an hour second year. Pinnacle is $20 first, $24 second, and $30 third. You will be at which ever regional you pick for 5-6 years.

Actually, just get out of this industry now. Seriously. It is not what you think.

No it is not true. The last street CA was hired on Feb. 7th. I was hired Feb. 28th and am still in the right seat with probably 2-3 years to go based on attrition. I was told during the interview along with 17 other qualified guys that we we would be going to the left seat within a few weeks.

We are all suckers. With the 15 planes parked and the cancellation of more deliveries it let most of the FO's get the total time to become qualified. The 250 pic waiver also put the qualified guys back quite a bit. It will be years before a new hire upgrades even if NWA lets us keep the flying we have.

Don't recommend this place unless you are from DTW, MSP, or MEM.

FCP is absolutely right! The future here is extremely uncertain as NWA plugs its way thru bankruptcy and not only whipsaws within the "Airlink family" but throughout the entire regional industry. The only way to achieve a life for junior folks is to LIVE IN BASE!

I've been here 5 years and still manage only 11 FULL days home as a commuter and my commute is a simple one. A single leg to TYS from DTW on a company CRJ. I did hold a 14 day off line but it is not commutable, it works weekends and the value is only 78 hours. Oh well.....at least I have a job right? ha ha ha

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back