Pinnacle work rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

moscowcfi

I am contemplaiting taking a job offer at Pinnacle, but unfortunately I have no information on their current job rules and commuter clause. Can someone provide a link to that info, or the info itself? If somewhere among the sea of pithy comments someone could actually give me the information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, I woudl do a search on Pinnacle.

But, my personal recommendation is stay as FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE!! Apply at Mesaba.

This is the most hostile work enviroment you will find.

Turbo

I am contemplaiting taking a job offer at Pinnacle, but unfortunately I have no information on their current job rules and commuter clause. Can someone provide a link to that info, or the info itself? If somewhere among the sea of pithy comments someone could actually give me the information, I would greatly appreciate it.

As a contract guy for 9E...

Commuter clause.. we really don't have one per se. we have call in honest. Basically 2 times a year you can call in without jeopardy. You have a few things you have to do... 2 flights, boarding pass/jumpseat form, 2 hours before show time, notify scheduling. It will show as a MT until it gets straightened out.
in a nut shell, it is something, not much and I normally do not recommend it to anyone and it is subject to managements opinion therefore it is subjective.

Work rules... 10 days off min, 75 hour guarantee. 1 week VAC after 12 months of service. Sick policy sucks, 45 min lunch break which is usually put on a 50 minute turn with a tail swap. duty day to 14 hours, can take you to 15 1/2 if you agree.

trips from 1 day to 5 day and CDO or high speeds. Can do 4 CDO's in a row.

Reserve.. probably one of the worst in the industry. They own you and you have very little contractual rights.

to get paid O/T (we really don't have it), you have to go 15 minute beyond trip value to get paid again. Basically you give the company 15 minutes free when you are above block (which is close to trip value). Some trip values are backwards, some are not.

50% cancellation pay, 50% D/H pay, 125% JM pay. Can be extended into day off as reserve not as line holder. Can be extended 2 times a month up to 9 times a year (but no one is counting how many you have).

overall, a few company's are worse, most are better on the work rules. If you work 85 hours, you may get 88 hours pay. First year pay for FO's average between 15-18K depending on how long reserve was. If you get Captain in the first few months, you are looking at 2-3 years on reserve. Most reserve guys live in domicile (otherwise it is like 6 days off with the commuting and reserve periods).

Back in 2001 and 2004 when we hired most of our street captains. About 15% lasted to become line holders. The rest bolted for greener pastures and most within 1 year of getting the street Captain position. Translation... the CA pay is not worth the abuse... 1st year CA on reserve makes maybe 50-53K and will never have more than 120 days off a year.

If you live in domicile OR have an EASY commute (one leg and no more than 1 hour flight), Pinnacle is not the worst. If you are a FL, WA, CA, TX, GA, SC, NC, North east commuter... I would think hard before taking the plunge. If your home is only served by RJ's.. I would really think hard...

Last edited:
thank u!!!

As a contract guy for 9E...

Commuter clause.. we really don't have one per se. we have call in honest. Basically 2 times a year you can call in without jeopardy. You have a few things you have to do... 2 flights, boarding pass/jumpseat form, 2 hours before show time, notify scheduling. It will show as a MT until it gets straightened out.
in a nut shell, it is something, not much and I normally do not recommend it to anyone and it is subject to managements opinion therefore it is subjective.

Work rules... 10 days off min, 75 hour guarantee. 1 week VAC after 12 months of service. Sick policy sucks, 45 min lunch break which is usually put on a 50 minute turn with a tail swap. duty day to 14 hours, can take you to 15 1/2 if you agree.

trips from 1 day to 5 day and CDO or high speeds. Can do 4 CDO's in a row.

Reserve.. probably one of the worst in the industry. They own you and you have very little contractual rights.

to get paid O/T (we really don't have it), you have to go 15 minute beyond trip value to get paid again. Basically you give the company 15 minutes free when you are above block (which is close to trip value). Some trip values are backwards, some are not.

50% cancellation pay, 50% D/H pay, 125% JM pay. Can be extended into day off as reserve not as line holder. Can be extended 2 times a month up to 9 times a year (but no one is counting how many you have).

overall, a few company's are worse, most are better on the work rules. If you work 85 hours, you may get 88 hours pay. First year pay for FO's average between 15-18K depending on how long reserve was. If you get Captain in the first few months, you are looking at 2-3 years on reserve. Most reserve guys live in domicile (otherwise it is like 6 days off with the commuting and reserve periods).

Back in 2001 and 2004 when we hired most of our street captains. About 15% lasted to become line holders. The rest bolted for greener pastures and most within 1 year of getting the street Captain position. Translation... the CA pay is not worth the abuse... 1st year CA on reserve makes maybe 50-53K and will never have more than 120 days off a year.

If you live in domicile OR have an EASY commute (one leg and no more than 1 hour flight), Pinnacle is not the worst. If you are a FL, WA, CA, TX, GA, SC, NC, North east commuter... I would think hard before taking the plunge. If your home is only served by RJ's.. I would really think hard...

hooooolly s**** dude! thank you so much for reminding me as to why i left pinnacle airlines after only a few months.

hooooolly s**** dude! thank you so much for reminding me as to why i left pinnacle airlines after only a few months.

I think people need to remember what it means to work WITHOUT a contract. Ask a colgan guy about that list there. This is what they will say...

WOW, a 14 hour duty day??? that is AWESOME!!! Our duty day is INFINATE!!! so long as there are no people in the back at the end of it!!!

How about being able to refuse an extension once a month? HA!! I can just hear the call from crew scheduling to a colgan guy the first time they use that!!!

CS: you are being extended
pilot: um um um... no? is that ok??
CS: ok.
pilot: you mean I don't get a missed trip? I don't have to report to the chief pilot's office? I dont' get passed up for upgrade? I can just say no?

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Few people understand what it means to not work under a contract. To all you CFI's out there. I would HIGHLY recommend AVOIDING a non-union carrier when you pick where you want to go. The regionals suck as a whole, but at least you have a contract if you have a contract!!!

Some of you guys take that for granted.

I think people need to remember what it means to work WITHOUT a contract. Ask a colgan guy about that list there. This is what they will say...

WOW, a 14 hour duty day??? that is AWESOME!!! Our duty day is INFINATE!!! so long as there are no people in the back at the end of it!!!

How about being able to refuse an extension once a month? HA!! I can just hear the call from crew scheduling to a colgan guy the first time they use that!!!

CS: you are being extended
pilot: um um um... no? is that ok??
CS: ok.
pilot: you mean I don't get a missed trip? I don't have to report to the chief pilot's office? I dont' get passed up for upgrade? I can just say no?

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Few people understand what it means to not work under a contract. To all you CFI's out there. I would HIGHLY recommend AVOIDING a non-union carrier when you pick where you want to go. The regionals suck as a whole, but at least you have a contract if you have a contract!!!

Some of you guys take that for granted.

Sounds like Colgan pilots are the FAR 135 pilots of the FAR 121 world. Anyone that's flown charter, whether it was pax or cargo can back me up on this...the QOL sucks! companies twist the regs to their advantage.! SCUMBAGS!!!

OH! and I ALMOST FORGOT!!!

To all you pilots out there who can call in sick from work.

KNOW THIS:

There are Colgan pilots who have done the carpet dance at the Chief Pilot's office and LOST PAY because they called in sick 2 times in 6 years.

maybe you didn't hear me.

2 times calling in sick

6 years employment with the company

LOST PAY.

FORGET that your paycheck says you've accumulated a hundred hours of sick time because it doesn't mean ANYTHING!!! The only thing that does is satisfy the labor laws so we look better than sweatshops in China.

OH Wait, looks like JO is working that angle too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back