Pinnacle vs. Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Top Gum

I am interested in getting on with either Pinnacle or Mesaba and I’m trying to do my homework to determine which would be the better company to go with (assuming I am given the choice) and which would be more likely to assign me to a MEM base. In reading the threads I see there are some positive as well as negative aspects of each company. Clearly, both companies have a long wait for any upgrade and the pay is low. There are, however, some good rumors floating around in regards to a new Mesaba deal. Pinnacle (despite the rumors of gloom) is still running classes and seems to have a pilot shortage to contend with. Pinnacle is also poised to gain a new contract that may improve their situation.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I cant tell you about Mesaba but at Pinnacle it seems that all bases are currently open for NH FOs. I know that MEM is a senior base for CAs but there have been a few junior guys/gals placed in MEM recently. Upgrades are continuing but for how long is anyones guess. If you do upgrade there is a strong chance that you'll be on reserve for quite some time. There are lots of other guys/gals here that probably have more info to give you on this topic but, if you need/want more specific info feel free to send me a PM.

FDX

Thanks for the response. I see now that with Mesaba it is possible for a new hire to get a mem base. With all the hiring at Mesaba they must be gearing up for something. I faxed my resume a week ago but haven’t heard anything yet.

I have the total time but I’m still 50 short on the multi minimums for Pinnacle, however, I see that plenty of pilots are getting in with much less than what I have. I should probably send a resume anyway.

go to mesaba

Rumors...........are just that rumors. Send your resume to both at least you will have the option at that point. As for which company to go with, looks like you have a pretty important choice to make. The grass is usually greener on the other side. If you plan on working there for only 1-5 years pick one where you think you could upgrade quicker and deal with the BS dealt to you. Remeber most regionals suck.....they sound great until you get there.

CL-65 700's??

Like said before from another poster, apply with both, then make a decision. You may get hired at one and not the other. When people ask questions like this, they almost sound as if they will "for sure" get hired at either place. I had two interviews at regionals. One booted me out before it was even over with and the other thought I was the best thing since sliced bread. Forunately enough I am employed now. Just depends on the day, their mood, and your performance that day, so apply with both, then make your decision. Airline interviews are definetely a learning experience. I spent alot of time just getting ready for that one event. I was devistated when American Eagle sent me home early, but now I'm glad I didn't get hired there. I am yet to meet an Eagle Pilot that's happy.
Rumors I've hear about Mesaba is that they're going to fade out the Avro's and transition to the CRJ-700's???? Rumors are rumors, and one can never tell how true they are.

Latest resources

Back