Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lord_Baltimore

Freight Dog
I'm starting at Pinnacle on Oct. 25 - anyone else in the same class who wants to share information, or anyone in recent classes who has any pointers?

Learn the memory items and limitations. If you have a cockpit mockup work on the memory items with it. Get a place to stay lined up from the list they give you. Be ready to bid on your cities.

I'll be there

Lord_Baltimore said:
I'm starting at Pinnacle on Oct. 25 - anyone else in the same class who wants to share information, or anyone in recent classes who has any pointers?
Hey I might be attending the OCT 25th Class, it all depends if my DOJ clearence comes back in time. I have a cockpit mock and it's really helping me to study the memory items. Are you going to stay in a crash pad or hotel? are you driving up there?

Oct 25th class

Hey Guys I am in the Oct 25th class. I received the new hire info packet and I am studying the memory action items and limitations. I don't have a crashpad as of yet. I thought I would see what the other new hires will do for accomodations.

Apollo said:
Hey Guys I am in the Oct 25th class. I received the new hire info packet and I am studying the memory action items and limitations. I don't have a crashpad as of yet. I thought I would see what the other new hires will do for accomodations.
I figured that if there arent any available crash pads that we should all share a hotel room, it would be a lot cheaper....plus I'm driving up there so I am going to have available transportation. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Flybet3 said:
Are you going to stay in a crash pad or hotel? are you driving up there?
I bit the bullet and reserved a room at the Homestead Studio Suites. $800/month. I'm told it's not a very safe area, but what the heck, I'm a pretty big guy....

There's a posting on the crash pads board for a crash pad in MEM available Oct. 15.

I bought a bunch of CRJ stuff from Avsoft. The quick study guide and the posters are pretty useful, their software is pretty lousy and kind of a ripoff price-wise.

I'll be driving to Memphis from Denver.

View from within

HI,

I just sat through the last FO class and heres some observations.

Memory Items. They were all stressing a little about the number of items but in the main most of the class were already deep in study. The first week is basic indoc and you will get overloaded with books and papers to do.

I was a little suprised but on day 3 they were bidding domaciles.

Be careful the areas you live in. I heard a load of the class discussing the areas they were and there was a fair share of we need to move. Please feel free to PM me if I can help direct you to a better area. We had 1 pilot robbed on day 1 and a dispatcher the night before class started. Some areas of MEM are not worth it...

Regards and good luck at 9E,.

pay

Is it true that while you are employed and in training at Pinnacle that you are not paid. Don't you also have to pay for your hotel? Is that considered pay for training? Why do they hire pilots and not pay them. Sounds fishy to me?!

As far as PCL is concerned, you aren't even an employee until you pass your checkride. No ID, nothing.... I'd reccomend getting the hell away from the area around the CEC, find a crashpad down in Southaven or Horn Lake, the Elvis Presley/Winchester area is one of the most dangerous spots in the city. And unless you have a nice nest egg to lay on for 2 months, 800 bucks is waaay steep. I paid about 250 a month for my own room in a FedEx crashpad in Horn Lake.

If you are looking for a crashpad, check out Whispering Oaks in Germantown. Furnished two bedroom condo (4 beds) for $1000. About 15 minutes from Flight Safety and the CEC. Don't waste your money on the homewood unless you want to get mugged or carjacked.

Latest resources

Back