Pinnacle MEC Chairman Recall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The group can't be united.

What must be accepted is the fact that there is a vocal minority among the senior 20% of pilots who actually want to preserve the status quo. They would like a rapid settlement so that they can receive a raise--any raise--while maintaining low health care costs.

Nat work rule improvements--benefitting the other 20% of the pilot group--are of no interest to them. Why would they when they can hit 90h of pay with 18 days off? Any trip rig, min day pay, additional days off for reserves, etc. would only cause the airline to shift the "weight" of the schedule throughout the pilot group. This means senior pilots will have fewer days off to achieve the same total monthly credit.

Make no mistake kids, this is what the issue is, was, and always will be. Any workrule improvements will come at the expense of very senior pilots' days off. This is what they are fighting. This is why they threaten. This is why they tell you the airline will fold up and go away if you get what you want in negotiations.

God forbid the Memphis Mafia have one less day a month on their bass boats on Lake Sardis. But you, you can enjoy being extended for another 8 day off month of ready reserve for nothing more than guarantee.

After all, if you don't like it you can HOLDSHORT.

It is also important to understand that most of the vocal top 20% wants to avoid a release at all cost. They do NOT want to be released. As much as they want a new contract, they want to protect their gravy train even more. They don't want to take any chances, regardless of how bad a contract is for the rest of us. That is why some former Mem union insiders intentionally ruined our chance at release before TA1.

So now that Colgan gets the Mesaba contract with all the advantages it brings, and the Pinnacle pilots are left with a contract from 1999 with no end in sight, you think the current MEC management is good enough? This could get interesting. Did I mention that the profit from 9e allowed all of this to happen?

So now that Colgan gets the Mesaba contract with all the advantages it brings, and the Pinnacle pilots are left with a contract from 1999 with no end in sight, you think the current MEC management is good enough? This could get interesting. Did I mention that the profit from 9e allowed all of this to happen?

What leverage SPECIFICALLY does our MEC chairman have to force the company to do what we want? What legal leverage? What leverage have the pilots given him through a unified SAFE campaign?

I don't know but maybe

Focus on getting a contract for everyone by giving the NC direct input instead of..

bidding the 900 for higher pay

picking up extra flying

not paying a former member 2yrs of pay for nothing (failed grievance)

dropping the W2 bonus pay method immediately instead of letting it drag out indefinitely. How was that unifying the group?

I don't know but maybe

Focus on getting a contract for everyone by giving the NC direct input instead of..

bidding the 900 for higher pay

picking up extra flying

not paying a former member 2yrs of pay for nothing (failed grievance)

dropping the W2 bonus pay method immediately instead of letting it drag out indefinitely. How was that unifying the group?

Your an idiot.

He can't pick up flying because he is not current, and has not been for more than 2 years while on full time buy.

Negotiating committees get their direction and marching orders from the 8 MEC reps, not the chairman.

You have NO clue what you are talking about and clearly have a personal vendetta and dislike for our chairman. He is far better than the previous chairman. Most peoples frustration comes from lack of progress on our contract. For that, we should correctly blame the RLA, our plantation style management team, our previous MEM leadership and former NC members(that did not pursue contract provisions that benefit all segments of our group) and our own PILOTS for not creating any leverage for our negotiating committee.

It is stunning how out of touch with reality you are.

You talk about unifying, if the chairman was replaced with someone that would please the Northern Mississippi Flying Club and the ATL blowhards, this group would be MORE divided than it is now.

Go gin up some more fake controversies.

There's nothing fake about them. You just don't know about them, that's the point..

Ask the hard questions of your leadership.

The Pinnacle line pilots are suffering at the hands of this MEC. If you're happy with the way things have gone, then fine. Don't ask about the things I bring up.

The line pilots and reserve guys are getting killed everyday, and Colgan gets the Mesaba contract in 20 minutes. Rome is burning and the ALPA leadership is not LEADING.

How many times over the past 4 years has Pinnacle management handed the MEC a pile of crap and nothing happens, it just keeps going...on and on and on.

The problem with pinnacle is the pilots in Memphis who still think this airline is a prop operation based out mem I think our mec is doing a fine job. Is there a way to furlough from the top? I think it might do this airline good

There's nothing fake about them. You just don't know about them, that's the point..

Um....what about the "picking up extra flying?" Last I heard, the complain was he wasn't current. Well, if he's not current, he can't pick up extra flying. So, either that one's fake, or.....nevermind. That one's just fake. If you're truly concerned, and it's true, perhaps you should call the FAA since we've got a rogue MEC chair flying an airplane he's not even current in....

Unbelievable. Instead of asking question of your union, you decide to attack me instead. He may not be current now, do you really think he hadn't picked up flying before that? You guys believe what you want to and continue to get junior manned and extended below 10 days off with no comp days in sight while the company goes on and on about how they really want a contract now.

I'm not for or against the Miss. Flying Club you guys talk about, I just think you can do better, and deserve it. 5+ years and counting with nothing is long enough.

I guess you deserve the union your comfortable with.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back