Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pssst, Buddy - your lil troll is showin'

DoinTime said:
Perhaps we should all share some of the stupid sh*t uttered by Mesaba pilots. Naw...that would show a total lack of class.

I gotta go with DoinTime on this one.

KMox, you're startin' to troll a little bit. You need some of those TheraFlu strips like they give to that guy on the bus that looks like some monster from some cheesy 80s movie - I think it was called "Troll" or something - and the girl gives him a strip and he looks all normal and stuff and then he goes merrily on his way and noone was the wiser because he had a happy day and and and. . .

Our iron birds stink! We complain to the workers to clean!

Wow I have too much time... Anyway I prefer This:

Nostrum bardus cura feteo! Nos postulo a laboro omitto!

Last edited:
kmox,

How much of the several things you listed was said by 1 guy? the same guy? There are idiots at all the airlines, including mine (9E). Dont think Mesaba is immune to hiring these people. If the jumpseater was such a pain to listen to, y dont you just deny him the j/s instead of bringing out here on Flightinfo?

I assure most of the guys here are great and wish nothing but the best for Mesaba. If you were at the informational picketing yesterday, I am pretty sure ther were some pinnacle guys walking with you.

To the original poster:

What would you expect from group with a fair percentage of PFT whores? They paid their g-d money, and they want their g-d upgrade. You Mesaba pukes should have made your payments on time to management if you wanted career advancement.

That's what happens when you let children fly airplanes.

Apologies to those at PCL who got there the real way and paid their dues instead of paying their way.

blackbox said:
I assure most of the guys here are great and wish nothing but the best for Mesaba. If you were at the informational picketing yesterday, I am pretty sure ther were some pinnacle guys walking with you.

Thanks, man. That really and truly means a lot to us.

Kmox,

If this was an attempt at humor, it sucked. You sound like a real penis on this post. Normally you are more level-headed. I'll chalk it up to stress. Some of our guys were the same way when we were growing in the late 90's and 9E was shrinking. Just keep some perspective.

Let's all get along. This ship ain't anywhere near the shore yet.

kmox29 said:
1. You honestly believe that the bad ramp service in DTW will directly affect your ability to bid for more flying from NWA.
No, we believe just as you do that the decision has already been made and our performance numbers won't matter a bit. However, everyone is wrong occasionally, and if we're wrong this time and NWA really is looking at the numbers (extremely unlikely, but possible) then we don't want the horrible ramp crews to hurt our performance. No reason to risk it. We'll just write up the crew comms to cover ourselves.

2. Last year's Christmas debacle was caused by Mesaba.
Mesaba was part of the problem. Our SOC was part of the problem. NWA was part of the problem. There's lots of blame to go around about that whole debacle, but XJ certainly wasn't blameless in the whole thing.

3. While I'm signing your jumpseat form, you complain to me how the last two months have "sucked" because you have been in CA upgrade ground school and you can't wait for it to be over (this pilot's senority was around one to two years).
He's a douchebag.

4. Your second certificate will be used to benefit the 9E pilots and secure more growth and prosperity for Pinnacle.
The MEC believes that our scope clause protects us from the company using the second certificate as an "alter-ego." Besides, the second certificate hasn't been a priority of management for the last few months. I don't even think they are actively working on it at this point, and before the NWA bankruptcy they were still 12 months or more from having it completed. It's not an immediate problem at all.

5. Plus, "Because the CRJ has no slats, we come in really fast. Faster than a seven-five. You turboprop guys should use the inside runways at DTW and stagger with the departures so you don't clog up the jets landing on the outside runways."
Yep, another douchebag.

6. That you are getting ERJ-170's because you heard from your friend that he heard from a guy that your exec's were testing out an ERJ-170 sim the other day.
Believe me, I've been trying to get guys to stop saying this crap, but no one will listen. The problem is that our CP is going around and saying it too even though he doesn't know jack. When the CP is spreading these rumors, it's kind of hard to get the average line pilot to stop saying it too.

7. That NWA does not control you because you are a "separate company".
Does anyone actually say this crap to you? If so, they are also douchebags.

8. You also believe that Mesaba started to get CRJ's because, even though our pilot contract is more expensive, 9E management refused to operate them "at a loss" just to aquire growth. (Yes, I read your CEO's memo too)
I agree with you, that's ridiculous. The planes went exactly where NWA wanted them, regardless of costs, pilot contracts, or anything else. Again, I find it hard to believe that you are finding so many of our pilots that believe this crap. Like the other guy asked, was this all from the same douchebag, or multiple morons?

Is the Kool-Aid some sort of berry flavor?
Naw, tastes like &%*$ to me. ;)

Wow,

Let me try and restate some things to help out my detractors. (Somebody ACTUALLY called me a penis. Penis? Jesus.)

I wasn't trolling for anything. These comments were made to me by different 9E people. Some of the comments were made by multiple people. I can only take in so much sh!t before my body rejects it and it somes spewing out in a post. I probably should have used a little 'flame' icon to help alleviate some people's snuggies.

Never have I said we don't have morons at Mesaba. We do. I also wasn't going to deny a jumpseat to someone because they were retarded. And, yes, Mesaba was definately part of the Christmas disaster. Just not the sole cause like I've been informed.

We do need to stick together. I tried to make it clear that I know LOTS of 9E pilots who are good folks. I wasn't trying to divide anyone. Just needed to vent. Apologies to anyone who got all worked up over it.

Your truly,
The Penis :)

Hey d!ck (aka penis),
I hear you on stupid frustrations at work. I see/hear dumb crap a lot in DTW but I usually save it for story time in the cockpit or I just roll up a doobie,go smoke it the custodians room and go walk through that tunnel (the Beatles light show) between C/B and A concourses...then I'm ok.

On a side note, I saw a cool button the other day;

Free
Up
Cash
Kick
Out
Foley
First

Last edited:
wmudriver said:
On a side note, I saw a cool button the other day;

Free
Up
Cash
Kick
Out
Foley
First
ROFLMAO!!! :D

That's just classic.

I've finally learned the art of keeping my mouth shut when jumpseating. It just helps keep the frustration level down.

Lately it hasn't been Mesaba giving me a rash of crap about the evil we at 9E are, it's been mainline DC-9 guys while commuting. A bunch of them are getting laid off / displaced to the right seat and they think it's somehow OUR fault.

5 more months and I can just start writing passes and bypassing the cockpit altogether in the NWA system... IF we still have jobs to come to.

I've got the spot in the company pool for a 33% split between us, Mesaba, and a 3rd new red-tail carrier on the new RFP.

I agree with Time, sounds like one guy was just a complete tool and a few others may be only "SOMEWHAT" clueless... ;)

Latest resources

Back