pinnacle interview info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mr roper

does pinnacle still give that ball buster written test that everyone fails??
i heard the written test was changed to just atp questions (like most other regional airlines do)
thanks for the help

aviationinterviews.com. Last I heard it was a hard test but doable. Study 'The Turbine Pilots Flight Manual.' Great book. Good luck.

With 2000 TT and some BE1900 turbine experience you should have no trouble getting a job at one of the better regionals. Don't come to Pinch-Nickle unless you absolutely have to. Upgrade for a new-hire will be close to 7 years and we're in the middle of contract negotiations that could easily lead to a strike within 2-3 years. ExpressJet and Comair are two good choices for someone with your time. If you want to fly a Red Tail then try Mesaba. Their pay on the CRJ isn't any better than ours, but they've got the good work rules going for them. Pinnacle should be a last resort at this point. The rapid seniority and upgrade times at Pinnacle are long gone now. That was the only appealing part about this place unless you live in one of our domiciles.

Well put PCL...BTW what's the latest on the NTSB hearings? I'm out of the loop after leaving NWA.

787 said:
Well put PCL...BTW what's the latest on the NTSB hearings? I'm out of the loop after leaving NWA.

Hearings are all done now. Now we just wait for the "sunshine hearing" where they release the final report. I think it should be released later this year, but I'm not really sure.

Spinplate said:
Why upgrade time going to be 7 years?

Last airplane gets here in September. Without new growth, your seniority is going to be moving up very slowly. On an extremely good month we only have 20 guys move on to greener pastures. Most months the attrition is much less than that even. In over three years I've only moved up 100 numbers. The wait for upgrade will be quite long for someone hired here at the end of the hiring cycle.

Latest resources

Back