Pinnacle Hiring Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avrorj-85

I have a friend who is interested in working for Pinnacle. He wants to be based in the DTW area and as a 7.5 year XJ driver, there is no way that I would ever even suggest that he come here. I was just curious how many guys 9E is hiring per month now and how long it takes to hear something once a resume goes in. Thanks is advance for the info.

Avrorj-85

The hard part for 121 guys is passing the 9E interview written test! (Haven't tried myself, but hear it is not uncommon to disqual on it...)

Extremely recent gouge from willflyforfood.cc claims that PNCL wants to hire 500 pilots this year. But who knows? Maybe it all depends if there are CRJ900s that are delivered. PNCL/NWA management made a threat... If the pilot contract isn't settled by March 31, then NWA might start removing 3 CRJs per month, remove 15 CRJs, until they go back to the original 124 CRJs. Who knows? I guess only time will tell.

I have a friend who is interested in working for Pinnacle. He wants to be based in the DTW area and as a 7.5 year XJ driver, there is no way that I would ever even suggest that he come here. I was just curious how many guys 9E is hiring per month now and how long it takes to hear something once a resume goes in. Thanks is advance for the info.

Avrorj-85

If he sends a resume by email and fax he should here something very fast. Assuming he meets the mins. If he doesnt meet the mins he still has a chance. If he doesn't here anything in short time, I would call Cynthia Cunningham at the number on the website to confirm they recieved your resume and to state your interest.

A vacancy came out on friday that had 47 open FO positions for DTW on top of the previous vacancy for 34 or so FO positions for DTW. DTW reserve is probably less than 2 months right now. Almost 60 uprades with classes in FEB and MAR. Last I heard second hand was 3 classes of 20 per month but I don't know for a fact.

The hard part for 121 guys is passing the 9E interview written test! (Haven't tried myself, but hear it is not uncommon to disqual on it...)

Speaking of that test, anyone know just how long are you supposed to wait to takeoff, after an MD11 leaves?

Apparently, it isn't 3 minutes. What is it? 2 minutes? 5 minutes?

And there are some other questions, where the answer can vary based on different things.

For example, one question goes something along the lines of how high up is the limit of the troposphere, or how high up is the tropopause layer.

That answer depends whether you are near the poles, the middle latitudes, or the equator.

Do you assume near the latitudes, in which case, the answer is 7 miles?

I think it's things like that which make probably make it a hard test.

Speaking of that test, anyone know just how long are you supposed to wait to takeoff, after an MD11 leaves?

Apparently, it isn't 3 minutes. What is it? 2 minutes? 5 minutes?

I answered 2 minutes and it was correct...I guess...what if it was a DC-10? Then what? Throw that curve ball to them and see what happens

The test isn't that hard, really. Just study the ATP crap and you'll do fine. And know the altitudes of RVSM

Agreed with above.. Make sure you know holding speeds.. I seemed to remember being asked that atleast 5 times.. Also max airspeeds above and below 10000. Also look into Jepp charts.. How many seconds for a Quick oxygen mask.. ( I missed this one)

Extremely recent gouge from willflyforfood.cc claims that PNCL wants to hire 500 pilots this year. But who knows? Maybe it all depends if there are CRJ900s that are delivered. PNCL/NWA management made a threat... If the pilot contract isn't settled by March 31, then NWA might start removing 3 CRJs per month, remove 15 CRJs, until they go back to the original 124 CRJs. Who knows? I guess only time will tell.

Just got hired last tuesday, I start after I graduate on May 1st. I am in a pilot pool. They are pulling the rest of the planes out of the desert now and rumor of 19 crj 900's to be order and I was told 500+ pilot being hired over the next year. I am excited my first 121 job

5 seconds, that one is straight from the FAA ATP 121 test bank.

It's the questions that are not from the test bank that tend to be difficult. :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back