Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
What kinda schedule do the line holders get at Pinnacle?

4 on 3 off?
5 on 1 off?

What? :)

I am MEM based. My guess is about 75% of the lines would have at least 3 weeks of 4 on 3 off in MEM. I would guess DTW and MSP would be similar, but I don't know for sure.

For Jan thru Mar, the company says MEM hard lines have averaged about 13 days off a month. DTW and MSP have had about 14 days off. These company numbers are more favorable than what actually happens. There numbers don't count carry in days from the previous month, any net increase due to intergration, nor would they include junior man nor extensions.

For new hires plan on 5 straight days of reserve home reserve in base)two days off until you are senior enough to hold a line. May be 3-4 months at some bases. You may fly 70 hours a month..then again you may inly fly 30 hours in a month. Depends!

Winter lines always suck at 9E, summer lines will have a lot of flying. Given that, since NW has pumped so much flying into our schedule in such a short timeframe, even Feb. and March lines are packed with an abnormally high block/line.

For the 10-12 days off line, expect to see a week of hi-speed, then a variety of 1-4 day trip, with 2-3 days off between work weeks. But i've seen line quality deteriorating(probably due to contract negotiation), with a lot more 10-12 days off line, and a lot less 13> days off line. When you see a 8 year captain has to bid a 14 days off line, something's not right. But i hope the line will get better when summer arrives.

The schedules for line holders are not much different from reserve lines anymore. Every trip there is a very high probability of a reassignment, junior man, or extension. Otherwise you will be lucky to fly your entire line because so many flights are cancelled for staffing.

line average is 85 hours, days off is 13-14 hours per month.

newbies are 10 days off, top of the food chain the best is 18 days off.

trips are 1 day to 5 day trips and can be combined (2 day back to back with a 3 day) Total of 5 days but two trips. Overnights are the normal reduced rest to the faa min's to 18 to 23 hour overnights in some of our garden spots (MLI, BGR, AVP, ABE...)

Latest resources

Back