• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle guys....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
#1. You guys need the rigs. It made alot of difference with ASA crew planning dept. Fewer inefficient trips. Still some, but fewer.

#2. Always turn down the first offer.

By the way, I'm glad you could care less, that means you still care a little for the collective good of a unionized industry, and that means alot.

When voting on a TA there are two criteria:

Is it good for the collective (meaning all pilots nationwide) and is it good for me individually.

When I am voting on a TA I could care less on what it means for all pilots nationwide. I am interested in my pilot group. I would expect no less from pilots at other carriers in return.

I'm not saying you are, but if you voted for a large paycut and no work rule improvements in order to secure the bulk of all future flying to promote your own career, the rest of us would not be happy, and you would hear about it for the rest of your career as well. So, you do need to consider how your contract fits in with raising, lowering, or at least maintaining industry standards.

Thanks for posting that. I caught only the last 10 minutes last night and din't want to get up at O dark thirty to see the beginning.

I found one particular area interesting when there appeared to be an effort on the part of one Senator and echoed by Sen Dorgan in his closing remarks that there was a correlation between safety and pay. Had I been in the wirness seat, I might have pointed out that majors and regionals can meet the FAA standards for certification and flight experience by hiring 200 hour first officers and making them captains at 1500 hours. Market forces - not FAA standards - result in the average mainline newhire having more flight time than the average regional newhire and the average mainline captain having more time than the average regional captain.

The same could be seen within a major airline. I would venture to say that the average 777 captain has more experience than the average 737 captain would and so on.

If the FAA does not feel comfortable with 200 hour pilots being on the flight deck, they should raise the minimum standard.

I wanted to spit right in this Trennery clowns face! So 12 years ago PCL CA's earned 36K while now they earn 64K? No sh*t!! Funny how he didn't explain to the Senators that pay is based on size of the aircraft and the size has gone up since 1997. So it had nothing to do with the decency of management to do the right thing, but merely to an average size increase of the aircraft. The puke also said there were 12 ready reserve pilots in EWR at the airport the night of the Colgan debacle. I had no idea a regional airline staffed itself so well! BTW, 36 grand in 1997 merely adjusted for inflation is 50 grand. So I really hope the senators are not snookered into believing the horsesh*t that was spewing from those vile sob's!!

I hope these misleading and outright false comments that were stated by the 4 pieces of garbage that testified there were called out and corrected by people that can actually speak with some honesty in regards to the profession.

Last edited:
When I am voting on a TA I could care less on what it means for all pilots nationwide. I am interested in my pilot group. I would expect no less from pilots at other carriers in return.

No concern of the Mesa stigma?

When voting on a TA there are two criteria:

Is it good for the collective (meaning all pilots nationwide) and is it good for me individually.

If you send it back because the TA doesn't have rigs or any other item, then, ensure that you tell your NC and MC what you are willing to trade for, to get those rigs.

the problem really is there is not much to trade for. When the current CBA (to use PCL_128) is 10 steps behind everyone else. To trade you need something, what does the current CBA have that is worth while? Maybe Vacation slides?

Perhaps the NC from '05 should not have been so anxious to TA 75% of the sections. This is going to get interesting IF the TA is put out and the road shows begin.

Latest resources

Back