Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Feb 7 class, Need a place to stay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm, thanks again for your two cents. It sounds worth a gamble, at least for a furloughee. Netjets is another interview coming but that is guaranteed low pay and, by the sounds of this message board anyhow, 4-5 years from an upgrade (although the typing of FO's does some slow PIC time accumulation even then, according to the FAA's and SWA's definition if no-one else's.) I am going to be jobless in the next 3 weeks so I would like to get in class by early March. It is funny what you say about the HR department, because you're right about what they are saying- even at AIR Inc they used it as a recruitment tool. I may give it a shot. Since I have your ear, how is thr rumor mill on growth vs stagnation (the other million dollar question everyone faces!~) At least you guys are linked to a reasonably (no imminent Ch. 11) healthy mothership compared to most.

skyaddict said:
At least you guys are linked to a reasonably (no imminent Ch. 11) healthy mothership compared to most.
Be patient... if we get to the end of '05 and fuel prices haven't declined (unlikely) and the fare madness is still in existence (likely), Northwest (as well as DAL and AA) will be threatening Chapter 11...

It's more a question of "when" than "if". That said, I don't see us going anywhere anytime soon...

The Nonconnah Kool Aid is running freely this time of year. The sad part what HR thinks and what planning thinks and what training thinks are no where near the truth. As long as you limit yourself to one visit to the kool aid counter you will be fine.

Growth...
This is mixed at best. Some believe in July the music will stop, others think a few more then it is over..
I can only tell you what is known...

175 options remain of which 75 have been excercised of which 10 have been converted to firm orders.

Corporate has about 65-70 tail numbers reserved (means nothing honestly)

NWA allows unlimited 44 seaters, we are converting most of our 44 seat fleet to 50 seat aircraft.

NWA are like vultures, they are waiting for one of the weaker carriers to fold. ATA is 1, Airways and United are the others.

The 70 seat option is a possibilty, although it will not be flown by airlinks, so those 65 outstanding options could very well be -700's.

Management is actively seeking a new certificate

We are in section 6 at present, stop the jets and they have very little bargaining power (again, means nothing)

Tough decision, I will not suggest or promise anything, I can only tell you for now, we have about 20 more jets to come and that is it...

Are they gonna provide a hotel for the street captains with prior 121 experience? You might want to look into that. Also, wait until AFTER your checkride to check out Platinum(you'll learn about that). Don't need any distractions during training. ;)

Rook

Crash Pad in Horn Lake

Hey all, we have an extra room for rent in Horn Lake (about 15 mins from MEM) I am a Furloughed Evergreen Pilot, so I know the crash pad thing well. Anyway its a nice quite area. Rent well vary depending on how much u wll be using the room. Call me at 662-781-3079 or 734-812-3388

Mike

:rolleyes: I wanted to find out,if you are hired as an f/o with about my total time being 4700 hours total, after flying the line for about 3-6 months in the rightseat,will I then be able to bid for a capt. slot, and stillable to get one before slots run out? I have been given a Mar 21 class, I have never flown under part 121 but currently fly part 129 under foreign carrier.In the system I come from we d'ont have to do the oral exam, I hear it could be tough, just how hard is it at Pinnacle? Any info would be great.
Tanx

dgarro said:
:rolleyes: I wanted to find out,if you are hired as an f/o with about my total time being 4700 hours total, after flying the line for about 3-6 months in the rightseat,will I then be able to bid for a capt. slot, and stillable to get one before slots run out?
No.

In 6 months the training bubble will be done, we'll have our last delivery (until announcements of more -- MAYBE --) and no more upgrades except for attrition and they'll be so slow the senior F/O's will build enough time to snap them up.

I have been given a Mar 21 class, I have never flown under part 121 but currently fly part 129 under foreign carrier.In the system I come from we d'ont have to do the oral exam, I hear it could be tough, just how hard is it at Pinnacle? Any info would be great.
Tanx
With a March 21 class date and your flight time (assuming with your background more than 1,500 multi and 1,000 turbine) you can hold a CA slot NOW.... BUT, the oral is a b*tch, especially for street Captains. It'll be tough but with your background it's doable - if you study your tail off.

Good luck...

SO are they still looking for 3500 for street captains? Just looking for some advice... At QX on reserve for 2 years so far...no end in sight. Probably another 5+ years to upgrade. Question is try Pinnacle and see what happens when I go thru 2 months training w/ no pay and then also take a $11 an hour pay cut. Or stay at QX and sit while I enjoy the rain on the couch. 2800 TT 1300 MEL ATP.

Well, as someone said on an earlier thread, watch out what you wish for, you may get it. If some of us do get hired as street Captains we will be on reserve (with the constant risk of being bumped and flushed if anything bad ever happens) forever, literally. I'm prepared to move to whatever domicile is assigned so that would take the sting out of constant reserve. But its all a crap shoot.

I forgot to ask what the minimum number of days off is in the Pinnacle contract- anyone?

skyaddict said:
I forgot to ask what the minimum number of days off is in the Pinnacle contract- anyone?

10 days off is the minimum for line construction. They do take you under that sometimes with junior manning and extensions, especially for reserve captains. If they take you under 10 off, they are supposed to provide compensatory days off to make up for it. Of course, they never do that. They just pay you 3.75 hours of flight pay instead.

Latest resources

Back