pinnacle class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deceptibum

Anyone currently on the property or other poolies heard and good ones lately on the delay situation of the new hire classes. Last i heard, the july 11 class was slated to start on Sept 16th. Thanks!

The Sept. 16 class date, for us that were supposed to be in class on the 11 of July, is NOT confirmed. I was also told that the original July 11 class size of 12 pilots, would possibly/likely be cut down in size.

Wish there was better news.

Last edited:
You probably know more than we do but, if it makes you feel any better, upgrading has ground to a halt, while junior-manning and extensions are rampant.

If I may ask, what's going on at 9E? I know aircraft are still arriving, and will be for at least the next year. Seems really odd that all this crap is happening.

Sitting in recurrent in MEM..

They are not really speaking highly of any hard dates in the near future. Some current employee's have been told that they "may be" in a November new hire/intial class.

Personally, I hope it will be sooner and personally I REALLY doubt it will be smaller
class.

The stories and rumors of WHY this is happeining are way too many to list. The best answer is some management bean counter type has a grand plan and is not sharing it with any of us.

Anybody know how much delay for the Aug class? I heard the July class has been pushed to at least Nov, and the rest of the classes has been delayed "indefinitely". I suppose all that delay has to do with NW somehow... with mesaba and pinnacle as their hand puppet.

The reason for the delay is that Mesaba is really close to getting a new contract and the rest of the crj's slated to go to 9E may actually end up on mesaba's property. There wouldn't be a lot of demand for new hires at 9E if that happens so they are taking a wait and see approach.

Yes, while Mesaba might be close to getting a new contract, we are still getting 95 CRJ's per the SEC filing. If they wanted to reduce the numbers they would have to file again, which cost $$. We have around 60-70 on property now with another 20-30 (total of 95) to go. The reason for the slow down according to the Mgnt on the lastest newsletter is that we are currently staffed for enough pilots through the end of the year. Bombardier took parts of July and Aug to re-tool their their plant in Montreal which ment a slow down of deliveries unil the mid to end of Aug. Cap classes are pushed to Dec or Jan and new hires are pushed to Sep. To cut back on cost and boost crew utilization they dropped the crews per a/c number. I think (could be wrong) it went from 5 or so down to 4 which ment we are now staffed until the end of the year or we pick up the delievery pace, which ever happens first. It also means that we all have 12 days off and 90 hours of flying (with the exception of MSP) and junior manning goes through the roof. I really hope Mesaba does get the other group of CRJ's. That way it keeps it in the red tail stepchildren family. It would be a shame to see another carrier start flying Airlink flight in Airlink colors but, hey..you never know now-a-days.

Mesaba is close to getting a new contract? could have fooled me - our management team can't sit still in a room with our union negotiators and the mediators for more than a few minutes before it's time to run to get more coffee and figure out how to avoid talking about the issues on the table. Close to a new contract is FAR from the truth. we haven't been talking for over 2 years because we're trying to make sure that each "i" is dotted and each "t" is crossed, it's because the company refuses to talk about anything that will cost them money or will improve the quality of life for the pilots.

just my two cents worth

FO

When I said getting close, I was referring to the post before mine. I only have a few friends over there and they seem disgusted by the tactics that the mgnt is taking. I hope you guys get a contract soon so all of this BS stops...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back