• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Air Services

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3. A REAL seniority list that works when bidding on available positions.
The current system stinks of ca-ca-pookie.

4. FAC commitee--LOL.....one that would work..

I think that this should keep the thread going....

What's wrong with the current bid system? I am not in disagreement with you, just curious as to your thoughts on what could be better?

For the PA guys....FAC stands for Flight Advisory Committee. It is a group of pilots who act as a liason and a voice for the pilot group to management on a continuing basis (at Airnet is was one meeting a quarter).

I agree with the FAC. Also we need a climate survey that everyone fills out "in the blind" (no one is targeted for their opinion) so that management can have an idea of what to improve on and what's working. We did these every qtr in the military.

agree with the FAC. Also we need a climate survey that everyone fills out "in the blind" (no one is targeted for their opinion) so that management can have an idea of what to improve on and what's working. We did these every qtr in the military.

I totally agree, we can start with pay, yup I said it. In my humble opinion, with the exception of the Gulfstreams, no SIC should be making more than a captain. PIC = more responsibility= more cash. The system as it is now does not provide an atmosphere for advancement.

We have had a way to give input to management in the form of a good idea box, basicly an electronic box that you can input idea, concerns or other things you would like management to review. I would guess that once the new combined Jetride teamworks site is up you will see something similar. It has worked in the past. They changed intl. call outs from 2 hours to 4 hours because of suggestion I made.

As we grow we may need some for of formal "FAC" type group. If enough of us put it in a e-mail to Wynn it may be considered.

Ditto on the pay scales they definately need a tweek. I too would like to know what I can expect to make if I stay in the 60 for x number of years vs. upgradeing to a bigger aircraft and suitcase. Walt mentioned something to me about some form of scale that was scaled to time in service as well as time in type.

Various members of the standards committee are working on a more efficient checklist for the 60, standard profiles for the 35's and the Gulfstreams as well as some other projects. Up until this point the Citation 7 was flown by non company pilots so it wasen't something we were going to standardize. Hopefully the 35 SOPs will be uable for the 31s as well. SOP however are cirtificate specific so you can't just up and use them on the PA cirt. I'm sure you could distribute it and get it up and running realitively quickly however.

I think we are going to see a shift to the PA way of doing per diem. They just didn't do it Oct 1st because the policy statements were not in place. i.e. when does Jetride pick up the tab for the hotel because its too expensive, what happens on the last day of a multiple day trip, your paid just the meal rate but is it high or low etc. There were all sorts of questions coming into Walt and Wynn that made them stiop and say we are just not ready to make the switch.

Thats all the new stuff I have head lately.

There will be another conferance call on friday at 1400 est. we should bring it up then (climate survey and FAC). Maybe someone with JR who knows Wynn well should be the one to bring it up, and then the rest of us can jump in and say we agree.

What's wrong with the current bid system? I am not in disagreement with you, just curious as to your thoughts on what could be better?

I have lost bids to people that have been WAYYY behind me on the seniority.
They think that the 35 is a cessna 152 when it comes to other aircraft.

I lost out on the G3/G4 pic/sic spot to people that were lower on the seniority list. My opinion, though, is based on a touch of soreness on this one, but I'll get over it. I just feel that the seniority is numero uno when it comes to awarding a bid.

The current selection process goes accordingly...
1. Base---If you are based where a plane is added. You have first dibs. I heard this from the DO directly at a meeting.
2. Similar experience in type
3. Seniority number
4. Past work history--goofups etc..

But, Im a lifer and would like to eventually get the hell out of the 35. I like it , but 5 years is way too long. Get me outta this thing pleaaaaseeee.
I just want to see uniformity with the payscale and the selection process with the bid system.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back