Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PBRstreetgang

Registered Abuser
If you go to Robert Crandall's interview on Vimeo he states at around minute 17 "there is no price too high to prevent a pilot strike" and then goes on to elaborate.
If you had a pilot group like American, who's unity was not perfect, but still formidable and wanted to counter that, how would you do it? Merge with the airline who had the most divided pilot group, USAir. In essence there would a division so deep, that the pilots wouldn't even be able to agree that their trousers had 2 legs.
Genius, the next T/A will take more than a decade, not because of the company, but because the pilots will be so busy arguing, years will slide by.

Pure genius, first they relied on the RLA, to counter unified pilot groups, instead they will now let the pilots do their dirty work, against themselves.

Uh, doesn't the AA group outnumber the US group pre merger? That and throw in the probability any cactus folk will side with AA just out of spite and you are back to no issues with labor being divided.

If you go to Robert Crandall's interview on Vimeo he states at around minute 17 "there is no price too high to prevent a pilot strike" and then goes on to elaborate.
If you had a pilot group like American, who's unity was not perfect, but still formidable and wanted to counter that, how would you do it? Merge with the airline who had the most divided pilot group, USAir. In essence there would a division so deep, that the pilots wouldn't even be able to agree that their trousers had 2 legs.
Genius, the next T/A will take more than a decade, not because of the company, but because the pilots will be so busy arguing, years will slide by.

Pure genius, first they relied on the RLA, to counter unified pilot groups, instead they will now let the pilots do their dirty work, against themselves.

We're living a very similar scenario at NetJets.

The only real malcontents are the hard core East Lunatics. They are about to be squashed and have their fake union taken away from them. They're nothing. The APA and the West will easily find enough common ground to move forward. Only the Eastholes want to live exclusively in the past.

" The APA and the West will easily find enough common ground to move forward."

Uh...yeah. Sure. That will probably work out just great.

I stated years ago....that UsAirways Management had their pilots exactly where they wanted them.

DIVIDED.

Their strategy continues, and is so beautifully simple it makes me sick and/ or amused as I watch thousands of functionally retarded pilots debate, discuss, and continue to engender the Plan.

There is NO APA/AMR/East/West/USAPA or otherwise....Just a pile of fools being herded like Kats ( which is hard to do ) to the Slaughterhouse.

Kudos... Doug Parker and Friends....I'll drink a beer and go driving with y'all anytime!

At least you seem to know where you're going....:)

Love,

YKW

Last edited:

You imply awareness of this fact yet demonstrate management's ploy right here in this forum on the DAL pic thread. Remember that before you post digs on your fellow pilots, regardless of what carrier they fly for.

You imply awareness of this fact yet demonstrate management's ploy right here in this forum on the DAL pic thread. Remember that before you post digs on your fellow pilots, regardless of what carrier they fly for.

Bla,Bla,Bla,
If you cannot laugh at yourself and determine jokes from comic comments, you might be part of the problem.
Just to clarify, the DAL comment was a joke, this thread was a possible theory, clear 'nuff?

The only real malcontents are the hard core East Lunatics. They are about to be squashed and have their fake union taken away from them. They're nothing. The APA and the West will easily find enough common ground to move forward. Only the Eastholes want to live exclusively in the past.

Why would the APA want the west pilots to have anything better than DOH anymore than the East guys do? I guess I don't see the common ground, I think this will be a mess and there will be legal troubles until the first arbitration is finally settled on the LCC side. APA has the numbers but they can't make the nic award disappear anymore than the west pilots could with their superior numbers. I think this is going to be the mother of all labor integration headaches for many years to come, it's going to be ugly with a capital U.

Latest resources

Back