• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots on food stamps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This truth is one of the reasons why I expect growth at the cheap regional airlines and shrinkage of the higher paying major airlines.

This would happen if weren't for those damn pesky contracts. Damn those unions and the pilots who support them.

Can't we get some union hating, back stabbing, under-cutting guys to fly these damn jets. They practically fly themselves!

Sound familiar?

This is what I imagine happens at board meetings.

This would happen if weren't for those damn pesky contracts. Damn those unions and the pilots who support them.

I've watched the erosion of contract and negotiation power over the last 20 years or so and don't really believe contract are enough to stop the tide.

Do you really think that labor is going to turn this trend around in American industry?

Middle class will soon be a thing of the past. Unless you are a ivory league graduate who has a politician in your pocket, you can expect your standard of living to steadily decrease.

OR unless you're a member of a LABOR UNION which will certainly protect your interests and secure a top-notch, non-concessionary, high-value labor contract for you.

Sorry, I don't have that much faith in the unions.

I certainly don't believe unions are utopia, but you are fool to think you are better off without one. Corporate America's greed know no bounds. Good unions can't fix poorly run companies. I've worked for plenty that no matter how good the contract language was, it couldn't counter bad management.

Don't judge unions, and union contracts by only regional airlines. Name the great places you'd like to fly airplanes for a living. FedEx, Delta, UAL, Southwest, UPS, Netjets.

The common denominator, they all have union representation.

Don't judge unions, and union contracts by only regional airlines. Name the great places you'd like to fly airplanes for a living. FedEx, Delta, UAL, Southwest, UPS, Netjets.

I don't think any regional pilot cares about what ALPA is doing for those people. It's pretty hard not to divide the wealth accordingly at Fedex for example. It's just a lot harder to do at the regionals. Some people think there might be a better way at the regional level.

I don't think any regional pilot cares about what ALPA is doing for those people. It's pretty hard not to divide the wealth accordingly at Fedex for example. It's just a lot harder to do at the regionals. Some people think there might be a better way at the regional level.

What is that, because the race for the bottom isn't working.

Please keep posting Michael Moore videos!

I thought Michael Moore went to a fat farm. What happened? He's still a disgusting, fat, America-hating pig.

Yeah, this thread is about fat people.

Latest resources

Back