Pilots license revoked

C-5 MEM

Total Time
I have a buddy of mine who had his pilots license revoked out of England. The question comes up and stated by the FAA he can re apply with one year. Does any have any experience what will be done and what to look for?
My wife who is a coperate attorney said he is able, but wanted to ask anyone who has went through this.

Eagle 54

airspeed

Total Time
Who revoked it, the feds? From my understanding as long as its not a permenant revocation he can apply after one year but will have to retake all the writtens and practical tests. Why was it revoked?

transpac

Total Time
If he held a FAA pilot certificate (not a CAA or JAA pilot license) and it was a typical revocation action, he can re-apply after one year. Unless the revocation order states differently, he'll need to re-take the written, oral, and flight tests. Has he appealed the order? A revocation order is frequently reduced to a suspension during the appeal process.

Rick1128

Total Time
22000+
First question is was it a FAA certificate that was revoked? If so, then the first two posters have it right. If it was a foreign certificate, than that should have no effect on the FAA certificate unless the FAA certificate was based on that foreign certificate. If this is the case, FAA Legal might have to get involved as the situation is much different.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Question #1: What agency revoked the certificate?

Question #2: What was the reason for the revocation?

This will shed MUCH more light on situation.

thanks

g4800xp

Total Time
With out great detail, what did he do? What does it take get a revocation.