• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots eat their young...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Face up to the facts guy. You went to a bottom feeding airline that has a pilot group with the rep of selling out everybody and anyone just to get at that quick upgrade.

Face up to the facts guy. You went to a bottom feeding airline that has a pilot group with the rep of selling out everybody and anyone just to get at that quick upgrade.

I'm confused - you need to be specific which one you're referring to because this applies to almost all of them

Freedom is ALPA buddy..and hvae been for a while now. We are no differnt from Skywest(well, we have a union:) ), pennicale, etc.

Except, of course, for the fact that most individuals from Skywest, Pinnacle, etc., can spell. Oh BTW, they didn't sell out other airlines from their same company so that they can upgrade quicker, like, for instance, FREEDUMB. Doesn't really matter if your group is now ALPA or not. Your group falls almost into the same category as Ho-Jets.

And now......for the rest of the story.....

Last edited:
you look like the type that would sell out your pilot group for a quick upgrade.

BTW, I actually look like the type that would vote down the first TA after a 5 year struggle regardless of it's contents just to p!$$ off the company. I also look like the type who strongly supports his MEC's decision to tell management to screw themselves when said management wished to increase new-hire wages to attract more pilots without resolving the rest of the contractual issues after a 5 year struggle.

Oh yeah....I already upgraded, which also took 5 years to do so, so that doesn't matter, either.

Last edited:
"Oh yeah, they didn't sell out other airlines from their same company so that they can upgrade quicker, like, for instance, FREEDUMB."

Is that the case? hmmmmm, I think not. Every pilot flying for Freedom certificate now (except one) did nothing of the sort dude. Most of us were junior assigned from the Mesa ERJ operation in CLT. Get ur facts straight. You are thinking of the original freedom operation that flew 900s in PHX for AMW Ex. That certificate sat dormant for yrs with a single 1900 just to keep it alive. Then Mesa set up the Delta ERJ operation on that certificate once we got the contract. That's the Freedom operating now.

Of course I'm sure facts will do nothing to change ur opinion... rant on

Exactly. Go find your cardboard box now....run along.

...Our contract is a perfect example. I heard rumors about how our contract came to be, but didnt think they were true....until now

What "rumors" did you hear? Crew room rumors are rarely accurate.

Thanks for the intelligent responses.... doesn't change some of the facts you apparently did not know... hope I educated you a bit. In reality all of this began when #1 ALPA in all of it's glory didn't fight for RJs to be flown by mainline pilots and #2 Comair accepted the their first CRJ in the US. The state we are in now is the inevitable conclusion... a race to the bottom, and wherever you are at the regional level... we have all been brought along for the ride. Mesa negotiations are right around the corner, why don't you get in line and show some support instead of bashing us all the time. And by the way all u Comair folks, make sure to remember who helped to pay ur bills during your strike, hopefully you might consider repaying the favor!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back