Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

apcooper

Dude, where's my country?
Just read this article which talks about someday using the brain from a mouse to guide an airliner (or something crazy like that!) Of course all the legacies would love this and so on. I just hope this doesn't happen anytime soon since I'm only in my twenties and working my way up the ladder and will avoid the legacies like the plague no matter how feverishly they are hiring!!

http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/189600-1.html

never

the flying public will always want to see a human up there, whether it be the proverbial dog and pilot or what, they will still wanna see humans uop there

Based on some of the dumb things I've seen my own computer do (and it just sits on my desk), I certainly wouldn't want it flying an airplane around. There will always be a human involved. And as long as those humans can occasionally succumb to incapacitation, I think there will be two of them up there. So lets all keep eating bad eggs or bad meat every now and then to prove my point and keep two people up front.

I could theoretically see it happening. But wait until the first crash. Who is going to be sued first? The pilots? Nope. The airline and microsoft?

Just like the military...They will try to implement UAV as much as possible until we face a real adversary with jamming capabilities.

the brain of a mouse? do the airlines have the capabilities to upgrade that far from the current situation?

;) don't kick my butt, please!!! :D

Not happening!

We already have the technology for cars to drive and navigate themselves, but you dont see any human-less cars/buses out there!

Just ask yourself.... would YOU get on an airplane that is being "flown" by a petri dish? Didn't think so!

Pilotless airliners? Muhahahaha...it will never happen, the Pay For Training outfits will be lobbying congress like crazy to prevent this from happening.

Latest resources

Back