• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Salary Perspective

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The point that is being missed is that the pot for pilot salaries comes from the monthly management fees that fractional customers pay. When pilot salaries go up, NetJets simply raises these monthly fees to cover the increase. While some customers balk, few (if any) leave the program since the remarketing penalties would likely outweigh the increase in monthly management fees over the long term. This means that the investors have little to fear--NetJets still keeps its customer base and investors still get a decent ROI. And if the pilots are happy, then it will show when they interact with customers. That in turn will create a better customer experience and hence increase NetJets' customer base.

AeroBoy said:
The point that is being missed is that the pot for pilot salaries comes from the monthly management fees that fractional customers pay. When pilot salaries go up, NetJets simply raises these monthly fees to cover the increase. While some customers balk, few (if any) leave the program since the remarketing penalties would likely outweigh the increase in monthly management fees over the long term. This means that the investors have little to fear--NetJets still keeps its customer base and investors still get a decent ROI. And if the pilots are happy, then it will show when they interact with customers. That in turn will create a better customer experience and hence increase NetJets' customer base.
On top of that the company could look at reducing the tons of money they waste daily. They could also cut back on some of their hundreds of millions they claim they are losing in their expansion efforts in Europe, the Far East, and the Middle East. If they don't want to cut back on that expansion, and it is such a great investment, then sell the idea to Warren Buffett and let him finance the expansion, rather than the unionized pilots.

re: Fraccapt does this help?

I still can't tell if you're arguing FOR or AGAINST NJA? You're just like Kerry...as ambiguous as possible! Why not say what you said initially, but edited? I'd love to hear it! Public or private, I don't care!

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FracCapt said:
I still can't tell if you're arguing FOR or AGAINST NJA? You're just like Kerry...as ambiguous as possible! Why not say what you said initially, but edited? I'd love to hear it! Public or private, I don't care!

WHOA DUDE!!!!!!!! you need to definitely practice those breeeeeaaaathing excercises!!!!!!!!!!

my edited post was a screwup! i copied the wrong part of a post and put it up...it said i could delete it, but didn't have time to figure it out!

i don't know anything about NJA....well at least until NOW! Judging from your screen name i am guessing you are a pilot there? i was replying to a poster who had no idea about what a delta pilot makes post concessionary contract. i thought i'd help out and send a link!

i hope this helps your blood pressure issue...and finally to respond to your comment, "why don't you be a man...." i don't think my husband would like it if I were a man! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back