Pilot record improvement act

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a&p cfiguy

What's the deal with this act? Does the FAA (or someone) have a list of every 135/121 employer you have every worked for? If you don't want to list a particular employer on your app for whatever reason, will this backfire? Will the prospective employer find out anyway? When you sign a release to your old company to release info, should you always request a copy of the info obtained by the company, or does that look bad?

The PRIA act requires that when you have a new employer for a pilot position, that employer must do a records check for all of your flying jobs within the previous 5 years. This PRIA records check verifies your employment with said employer for the amount of time specified on the PRIA request form, it also verifies your training records from said employer and verifies if there was any training failures during your time of employment.

Someone else may want to correct me on this or give more specifics.

You must report everyone. Even if you were not paid by that employer, and you left class on the second day to take another job, you have to report that on the PRIA. There may be no record, but the hiring airline has to throught the process of checking. This particularily true if you took a drug test at any company.

I have a PRIA question. At alot of interviews you are asked if you have ever busted any checkrides. When they ask this question are they referring to 135/121 check rides or are they talking about all check rides. I know PRIA will show if you busted a check ride at a 121/135 company within the last 10 years, but how can they tell if you busted a private check ride?

Thanks dead stick, but I have seen what is realeased with PRIA and all I have ever seen is a single page (sometimes two) that basically says airman XXXXXXX holds XXXXX license and has XXXXX violations. When you check the box when you get a job to get a copy of your PRIA that is all I have ever gotten. Does the company actually get more than this? I have seen my file at my current employer and that is all they have. Maybe I am missing something here. BTW: I have nothing to hide, just curious.

Thanks dead stick, but I have seen what is realeased with PRIA and all I have ever seen is a single page (sometimes two) that basically says airman XXXXXXX holds XXXXX license and has XXXXX violations. When you check the box when you get a job to get a copy of your PRIA that is all I have ever gotten. Does the company actually get more than this? I have seen my file at my current employer and that is all they have. Maybe I am missing something here. BTW: I have nothing to hide, just curious.

Not sure if this stuff is available to employers, but there is a way YOU can request a letter from the FAA that will list everything, including the score you got on all your writtens.

Pria

Well then what about the airlines that require people to take drug tests at the interview?

still list them as employer?

Good point. No, I would have to say you do not have to list them as employers because you never were employed by them and were just doing a interview requirement. Maybe somebody else can chime in on this!

Also you can get all your records which include you medical & all your ratings, failed/passed checkrides (also you test scores) by going on the FAA website & paying a fee like under $10 bucks.

Hope this helps!

At one of my previous airlines we used to do a drug test as part of the interview; however we only sent in samples for pilots we were planning on hiring (based on how well they did in the interview process). It’s too expensive to pay for tests on people we were not planning on hiring; so just because you were asked to do a drug test it doesn't mean that you actually “did” one.

Latest resources

Back