Pilot Positions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILLINI

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know of a few pilot positions that are now available at the company I fly for. Our Dir of Ops tried to post this message but had some trouble and asked me to do it instead... So here goes:

My company will be soon hiring between 3 and 5 individuals for the Cessna Caravan. You must meet 135 minimums, be willing to move, and like to have fun. Starting pay is around 30K. We are a well established company with room for pilots to grow. We are currently expanding our operations to meet our customers needs. If you would like to be considered for an interview, please send a resume as an attached file to [email protected]. The subject should be "pilot resume". All others will be canned.

I'm not the one that will be doing any of the interviewing or making hiring decisions. I know some basic information about these new routes and am willing to answer any questions I can about them or the company. When you e-mail your resumes be sure to include "Pilot Resume" in the subject line so he doesn't delete it!

Where is the job located and what type of routes are they looking at? Also I assume it is a cargo operation, correct? What type of flying do they do (day/night/both)? Thanks

Planemasters is based at DuPage Airport (KDPA) in West Chicago, IL. We have several UPS contracts throughout the midwest and now one on the east coast. The pilots that we are looking to hire now would be due to new routes and to bring some of our other pilots back to Chicago to start flying the charter side of the business. The type of flying you do will depend on the route that you are assigned, but generally they are 4-5 day weeks where you depart your base at night and return early the next morning. We currently have bases in Great Bend, Salina, and Hays, KS, Danville, Quincy, and Galesburg, IL, Scotts Bluff, NE, and Greer, SC. We are more than likely going to be getting a route in Iowa in the very near future as well. It is my understanding that we are looking for pilots to fill the Hays, Great Bend, Greer, Iowa (assuming we get the contract), and one of the IL bases.

If there are any more questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer them.

In additon to the Caravans, we operate 5 King Airs, a Citation I, two Citation IIs, a Citation Jet, an Astra, and a Hawker (were adding one, possibly two more Hawkers soon). Upgrade from the Caravan to the King Air depends on need, but recently our new hires have been told 6 months to a year. Like I said, it depends on need. It only took me four months. I've been told upgrade from King Air to Citation would be at least 6 months after starting the King Air. I'm hoping to be in the jet by the end of this year, which would be about a year after being hired.

We are also starting up Caravan Shares and use a very nice Caravan set up in the corporate configuration. Word has it that we are going to be converting one of our Grand Caravans that we were using for freight back to the passenger version to use for the Caravan Shares program as well.

We are always bidding on new routes with UPS whenever they are open for bid. We don't have any in the NYC area right now, and i'm not sure if there are any in the works for the near future or not. The closest one would be in Greer, SC right now. I'm heading out there this Monday to start the route for a couple weeks until we can get a new pilot through training to take it over.

I just found out today that we are buying two Caravans for our new routes, and at least one of them will be brand new from the factory in Wichita! I heard that we are better off buying these two Caravans brand new from Cessna because they have a better warranty, better financing, better resale value, and have cheaper monthly payments.

Do you guys ever need part time pilots?

Do any of the routes start or stop near N. Ill or S. Wis? If so are they looking for anyone for these routes?

Thanks

I don't know if we are looking to hire any part time pilots right now, but we do have a few part-timers working for us. A few months ago there was talk of hiring an extra pilot that would be checked out in the Caravan and C210, and based in DPA just in case we ever got a pop up trip, or needed to cover one of our other pilots while he was on vacation. We never filled this position, and i'm not sure if they are still tossing around this idea or not. The only routes we have in IL right now are in central IL. During the X-Mas rush we occasionaly run an extra van out of DPA to help out our other IL pilots.

Just Wondering?

You had mentioned that the startting Salary is 30K. First of all, is that about standard for the industry? What does the salary look like as you progress upward through the different levels? Is there a maximum age? If I had just over the minimums, and was 37 years old, would I still be considered?

Basically I'm just wondering?

Thanx Much.

Nufft.

Latest resources

Back