Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

junkjockey

FlyingSausage
Anybody have any experience with pilot placement companies? Which ones are good? How the process works? I have seen most of these companies post for international jobs which im interested in but I havent spoken to anyone who has used one. Any information would be appreciated.

http://www.jet-jobs.com/navigationpage/navigationpage.html

Kit Darby has placed thousands of pilots and I would recomend starting here. Kit is practically the Dala Lama off pilot hiring. Well connected and trusted leader in the pilot world.

Yea if you want to fork out cash for everything (Kit) Air Inc is great.
Check out GAP and Rishworth. GAP out of TExas seems pretty good and I've dealt with Rishworth out of NZ. THese companuies mainly recruit for overseas positions and the airline pays them for getting you to sign their contract. Last I checked is Rishworth paid you a bonus to sign with Korean and starting pay was 8K a month and you could commute out of any city Korean flies out of in the US (LAX, JFK,ATL,ORD and probably out of ANC on their freighters).

The problem with Kit Darby and his company is that he does not give out Phone Numbers to HR people at the companies he promotes.

If you do not have a friend at a company you are wanting to work for you darn better make sure you have a phone number to the HR person responsible for the hiring process.

I have also heard several pilots have had trouble with Kit Darby's interview prep. IE Questions on the interview were different from what the pilots were prepped for.

Rishworth has many horror stories, I would stay away from them. In the contract market the most reputable is PARC Aviation, they are my contractor for this job at ANA and I've had a good experience with them. Some of my coworkers are with HACS (Hawaii Aviation) and they seem to be happy with them, there is another small company out of Australia called IAC global and you hear mixed reviews from them. But Rishworth? man, nothing but bad comments about them

Do you mean to question why the union doesn't place pilots, like every industry with unions? Such as construction, if a company fires you, downsizes, folds, the union hall sends you to work at another job site with another company. The union office is where the jobs get hired and fired. How about that?

Do you mean to question why the union doesn't place pilots, like every industry with unions? Such as construction, if a company fires you, downsizes, folds, the union hall sends you to work at another job site with another company. The union office is where the jobs get hired and fired. How about that?
The probem is we're not a union, we're a association at best.

The union shop you are in would hopefully help you in finding a new job. Most unions do a great job with this.

Thats how I ended up getting my current job!

They might even get you a subcription to Kit Darby's money pit.

Overseas....especially in the Middle and Far East...take the union and shove it!!!

Latest resources

Back