Pilot Pay in Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Caboclo

I've heard that payscales in Alaska are a bit higher than down south, and I was wondering if anyone had any numbers. Say for Navajos, DC-3s, and small twin turbines (King Air/Commander/Metro)?

May be but consider the cost of living to be substantially higher than outside. Especially if out in the bush (i.e. anywhere not ANC but very expensive there also)

tj

500 and 2 is great. When the weather's bad go IFR. When the weather's really bad, go VFR! The pay is sufficient. Enjoy the flying.

Very much more expensive...and you didn't know that 500 and 2 was good vfr did you?

Stop whining like an old woman, that's a mile more than you need. Its only bad when your ADI is leaning 5 degrees to the right in level flight, you lose your generator, its more than a half hour past sunset, snowing and your on one of the special vfr radials holding with 6 other airplanes all waiting to be cleared in the class D. Never mind the twitch in my left eye, its nothing.

If you go, memorize this saying, there are those who have and those who will.

Enjoy!
:beer:

Last edited:
"Those who have and those who will" what? Land gear up? Run out of gas? Face down a polar bear? All of the above?

Another post that goes wrong!

About 55,000 for a 207/PA-32 in the bush. Max about 75,000 for 208's/PA-31/Be200 etc.

Pay will change with the distance from Anchorage. The farther out, the more pay!

Another post that goes wrong!

About 55,000 for a 207/PA-32 in the bush. Max about 75,000 for 208's/PA-31/Be200 etc.

Pay will change with the distance from Anchorage. The farther out, the more pay!

Yeah, well, Alaska bashing is always entertaining. :D Thanks for the numbers, Flyalot.

It may be a bit more for food and housing the farther out, but there isn't much more to spend your money on, plus you work 14-16 hours every day.

Latest resources

Back