Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PILOT NEEDED FOR SUMMER START SOON! 15K/MO SALARY AND LIVE FREE!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spaceball1

Does anyone know anyone interested in and qualified for this? If so, PLEASE pass this on. Number to call is at the bottom.

Their pilot flaked a couple days ago.

PILOT NEEDED - START SOON!!

LIVE FOR FREE
SOCK AWAY $15K PER MO
OVER THE SUMMER!!!
FLYING 4.5 HOURS PER DAY, 6 DAYS PER WEEK, DROPPING OFF/PICKING UP HUNTERS, FLIGHT SEEING TOURS, ETC.
ROOM AND BOARD PROVIDED!

ERIC AND HEATHER FOX
Owners, Bettles Lodge
907-692-5111 or [email protected]

Start – End Dates : May 15th – Sep 30th
Pay : $15,000/mo + all flying tips, meals, room in Bettles, Alaska
Duties: daily flights in our DHC-2 & C180-J (both float planes) to Kobuk Valley and more (ask owner for more details)
Living Conditions : living quarters is a one bedroom upstairs apartment, bathroom, kitchenette w/fridge (ask owner for pictures or details)
Can they bring a spouse or family? negotiable
Schedule : duty day 08:00 – 20:00 1 day off per week, approximately 4.5 hrs flying per day
If they want to know about aircraft maintenance, can they talk to a mechanic that maintains the aircraft? Yes
Negotiate details if needed
Hours will need to meet insurance requirements:
AirSure Insurance requirements to qualify to fly for Bettles Lodge:
As Respects C-180J N9949N: (float plane)
Pilot must maintain a Commercial or more advanced pilot certificate with an instrument rating and have logged:
1,000 Total hours
100 Hours in the make and model aircraft
As Respects DHC-2 (R-985) N11YA: (float plane)
Pilot must maintain a Commercial or more advanced pilot certificate with an instrument rating and have logged:
2,000 Total hours
100 Hours in the make and model aircraft
As Respects PA31-350 N141ME*:
Pilot-In-Command:
Pilot must maintain a Commercial or more advanced pilot certificate with current multi-engine and instrument ratings and
have logged:
2,500 total hours
500 hours in multi-engine aircraft
50 hours in the make & model aircraft
* All pilots must have successfully completed a Multi Engine and Instrument Proficiency Check in the make and model being flown within last 12 months

Call or email now!!!
ERIC AND HEATHER FOX
Owners, Bettles Lodge
907-692-5111 or [email protected]

Last edited:
A one season contract that you might be terminated in is kind of questionable though the pay is not shabby. It screams for someone with Alaska time (that's the only way to meet the insurance requirements unless you work for Kenmore Air Harbor and maybe another one or two carriers) and if they wanted someone who wasn't current in a 206 or 207 on wheels I might be interested as a summertime retirement gig in a few years.

The Greatland may well get under your skin though and nothing makes better chili than Moose meat. Get away from Anchorage and the combat fishing and you can't believe it unless you've done it. Winter, heck...it just makes me think of a Robert Service poem-but not in a good way. I made it through a winter but dang the cold-it takes on an adversarial presence of its own.

Smoked Salmon done by someone who knows what they're doing? You've never eaten anything better!

I'm glad I get to layover in Anchorage every once and a while and it almost scratches the itch enough...and mostly reason rears it's ugly head and smacks me around a bit with memories of -20 F and less for a months at a time and mosquitos making it so you can't see through a bedroom window screen in the summer.

In many ways it is still the Last Frontier (even though every pass has a dead miner and or a wrecked plane or two) and the allure is haunting...I'm not sure anyone I know who was qualified years ago is still interested but I will pass it on if I bump into anyone but dang, part of me wishes it were something that didn't require the seaplane rating. Not that I have any time in an Otter even on wheels...

Like I said, The Greatland can get under your skin...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back