Pilot Missing After Shuttle No-Fly Zone Incursion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Floyd R. Turbo said:
I ... hope the other pilots where ever he is based get together and throw him a first class blanket party for being such an idiot. There are plenty of people who would like to ban or severely restrict GA, and morons like this and the DC ADIZ busters give them the ammo they need to do it. There is no excuse for flying around central Florida on a launch day and not knowing and complying with the restrictions. None. Same with the Presidential ADIZ and TFRs.
Amen. These yo-yo's are gonna' cause trouble for all of us.

"The fighter pilot flew real close to the Cessna," said Lt. Roy Bruce of the DeLand Fire Department. "He came around and buzzed him twice."

I thought it was a Piper Cub? Is Cessna a generic name for all aircraft? Cessna might want to change their name.

It's either good or bad for Cessna - depending on interpretation - the name branded with piston single engine GA. Kinda like Xerox for photocopies and Kleenex for tissues.

I also thought it was originally a Piper Cub. Maybe the guy did a good bit of mx before departing the hanger after he stored it.

It was me, sorry guys

gern_blanston said:
Amen. These yo-yo's are gonna' cause trouble for all of us.
Yea...don't make waves when the government is freedom grabbing. They might get mad at those of us that pay their wages and find a way to make us all behave real good next time. All in the name of "terrorism" of course.

T-REX said:
Fast Food Defense would probably work in Florida. Countersue Em! Airplanes are inherently unsafe and it is the FAA's fault for putting you in danger.

Seriously though didn't they just suspend the guy that flew over the White House for 6 mos. This seems less serious than that.

No, they revoked his certificate/s and he can't reapply for 10 months.

This case is now worse since whoever the pilot is has tried to cover his tracks.

TrafficInSight said:
This case is now worse since whoever the pilot is has tried to cover his tracks.
He must be a terrorister...he landed, waited for the cops to clear out of the Krispy Kream and meet him at the airport, got bored and flew back to his home airport, where he refuled and then went home.

It's going to make me sleep better tonight, knowing that an old duffer without (allegedly) a medical, was able to outwit the government in a plane that flies twice the speed of BO.

Yeah, it was only because of excellent police work that they caught him... :rolleyes:

The government is peeling away layers of our freedom. Al Qaida must be giddy. :mad: TC

Latest resources

Back