Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skydan

Found this on Trade-a-plane

PHOENIX, AZ: DELIVERY pilot needed, must be 750 TT, Phoenix- based, prefer CFI/ airline benefits, must have excellent people skills/ clean record. Barron Thomas, FAX (480) 951-6229.

skydan said:
Found this on Trade-a-plane

PHOENIX, AZ: DELIVERY pilot needed, must be 750 TT, Phoenix- based, prefer CFI/ airline benefits, must have excellent people skills/ clean record. Barron Thomas, FAX (480) 951-6229.

Airline benefits? Do they expect us to use our jumpseat privileges so they can avoid paying the airfare related to this job?

I did that delivery thing for a little while, don't think i will ever do it again. I did it while i was a mech for the airlines so i could jumpseat. You don't get to fly nice airplanes, you get to fly the crap that they don't want to fly themselves. good luck

whats the pay like?

Avimec said:
I did that delivery thing for a little while, don't think i will ever do it again. I did it while i was a mech for the airlines so i could jumpseat. You don't get to fly nice airplanes, you get to fly the crap that they don't want to fly themselves. good luck

I currently ferry "deliver" airplanes and I am making some good coin right now but not home very often. Yea, time away form wife is good I think! It's a very fun adventure I get to learn hands on how to deal with this diffrent breed of customer & fly junk!~ I also get to fly some nice birds ever now and then.

The flights I don't like is when the owner is not a pilot that has airplane itous and wants to ride along then don't like paying for 2 motel rooms etc. having to explain a 3 hour delay to wait for the fog to burn off then trying to explain IFR rules & regs to a non pilot witch still thinks since his airplane is IFR equipped "not certified" can fly in 100/.25 them days it's hard!

Very few ferry flights I will take a clients aircraft in IFR conditions. I have taken a few but they were brand new 172's and/or really nice 182's or larger aircraft.
The worst question from a client I really don’t like is when they ask "well should I buy it what do you think" I politely tell them I am not an A & P and they should have a certified mechanic look at it to make that decision.

Latest resources

Back