• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot Hats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your not going to wear it leave it at home!!!!
I wear mine, but be sure and not blame the hat for looking dorky!
Best hats I find are Bancroft's (Military Caps). If could be worse, you could work for Airborne and wear those Grey curtain's as Uniforms.

You look like a F/A(G)

You wanted to be an airline pilot and the hat is part of the uniform. You took the job and agreed to follow the dress code. Have some freakin pride and wear the uniform of a pilot. The uniform commands a certian amount of respect. Functionallity has little to do with any formal dress.

What is the function of your stripes, ties, blazers. Basically they are just for show and a little distincition. Do your job and wear you **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** uniform. I have only been with the airlines of year and I am thirty, but I am sick of the F'in attitude that certian people decide they just aren't going to wear it.

Yes it does look funny initially. But the hat looks much better than the younger pilots walking around looking like flight attendants.

Be proud to wear the uniform.

Leather jackets look stupid on airline pilots. Sorry but black jackets don't match blue pants and hats. The just look stupid.

I guess we got both sides. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of where I am today and do wear my hat. That doesn't stop me from feeling how bad it looks. Maybe its just how I think it looks. Like shoes, shirts, pants, etc, not everything looks good on people.

Let me clarify

Put it on and look in the mirror and it looks stupid on all of us. But wear it at the airport, at work and it looks normal. The public has been used to it for years and I never thought it looked stupid until I had to wear one.

In the publics eye it is normal and respectable. Just don't look at yourself in the mirror.

Let me see...cutesy hair style for young girls to like...or the traditional, professional, and accepted look of an airline pilot...

I'm sure some of you moused-up pretty boys prefer no hats.

Of course, I find it an honor to wear my hat, even when it's 110'F outside.

Hats don't make an airline pilot, but an airline pilot wears his prescribed uniform with pride.

That's right, hats don't make an airline pilot. That's unfortunate because if they did, some of you could put a hat on and be more qualified.

By the way 328, you need some lessons in grammar and spelling before you can wear a hat with pride.

Last edited:
I've wanted to fly for the airlines since I was 5 years old, and the day I get my hands on my wings, boards, AND hat will be one of the greatest days of my life (too bad the hiring pool is many deep and I'm at the wrong end). I can't wait to wear the hat. Like Spike said, if we all do it, nobody looks stupid.

Hey,
I like my hat, because it keeps my head from freezing off in Fargo, during the winter time.
After awhile it will get the 50 mission look, just wear it out in the sun, the hat gestapo will leave you alone, and the chief pilot's carpet will stay new and shiny.
Ola
PBR

I dont mind the hat, I also used to look up to the pilots wearing them with respect and admiration as a kid. You are correct it only looks stupid on yourself if at all, if you look at other folks it just looks like the uniform.

Latest resources

Back