Pilot Chart Case

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scotty bags in Milsap

If you are in the DFW area drive out to Mineral Wells/Millsap. Scott saddle makes excellent flight cases and he has some scatched ones deeply discounted, These are the same bags sold at Sporty's for $300. If your time is not worth that much go out and save some money.

"Cordura nylon option" yeah thats the one i'm talking about - let me repeat my self - FREE REPLACEMENT (just make sure its HERITAGE) and your DC H10-30 headset will work fine, headsets are for pussies anyway.

go the other route perhaps?

freight pilot durability all the way,

i chose the Platt cases...

www.plattcases.com
http://www.plattcases.com/Products-A-New.asp?ProductID=86

found it to be quite durable so far. nice industrial touches. good platform for your stickers. extra long sizes as well...19" and 21"

looks sharp but im not sure how itll do in the regional environment.

Last edited:
Ron,
After 3 crappy bags from various places (office supply store, aircrew, sporty's), I finally bought a scott leather bag. It's by far the best made. All of the Scott bags are hand made and top of the line. I love it.

I know this is about bags, and I'm not trying to push a sale, but I saw it get into headsets. For those who want to help their hearing and don't want to spend the big money on DC or Bose's noise cancelling headsets, try anr-headsets.com . You can add this kit to I think just about any headset out there. I added it to my already owned DC and then got to try someone elses Bose. The sound quality was so small of a difference that I almost couldn't tell. Plus, it runs on one nine volt instead of 4 AA's. Battery lasts about 2 weeks. All you need is a medium amount of electrical ability and an afternoon off. Much, much cheaper than the factory stock anr headsets.

Re: go the other route perhaps?

Airpiraterob said:
freight pilot durability all the way,

i chose the Platt cases...

www.plattcases.com
http://www.plattcases.com/Products-A-New.asp?ProductID=86

found it to be quite durable so far. nice industrial touches. good platform for your stickers. extra long sizes as well...19" and 21"

looks sharp but im not sure how itll do in the regional environment.

The chart case bin in the CRJ is a scant 8.5" x 19" so the largest bag you can have is 8" x 18" with no outside pockets. And you'll still have to be careful not to rip out the spare fuses as you remove and insert your bag.

Hope that helps. I still vote for the "el cheapo" bag until you start bringing in a little scratch. The el cheapo definitely isn't going to last much more than 2-3 yrs., but by then you'll be able to afford a good one and you will know what you want by observing what your fellow pilots are using.

LearLove-

Do you have the contact information for Heritage. Would like to have my bag replaced. Thanks.

Sayagain?
ex-ALG

Cordura Nylon Heritage Case?

Learlove:

I've been searching the internet for Heritage cases with the "Cordura nylon" option without success. I've only found the traditional vinyl Heritage cases. Please advise.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back