Pilot cell phone reimbursment question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TailDraggerTed

What do your companies do to reimburse you for your personal cell phone use and/or calling cards? My boss asked me to get a sample of different policies so we could create one.

Submitting edited phone bills has gotten a little crazy, so we are trying to figure out a plan thats fair for everyone. Any ideas or experiences? Thanks.

well...since cell plans are so cheap these days - why not just get the 4 billion minute plan for 49$ and submit that. end of delemia. Tell each pilot to pick a plan that works best around thier domicile and go for it.

Now, you start lots of overseas you may get some lofty bills..but domestic is so cheap now who really cares?

just an idea.

have them

just buy you guys a cell plan. There are so many to choose from these days. We are getting some deal from Verizon and they(the company) are giving us each Blackberry units. They're supposed to the latest and greatest pager/e-mail/cell phone units. Don't know how much they are paying though.

Thanks for the info. I know what we CAN do, but I needed to hear what is currently being done at other charter and fractional companies. Thanks again.

Re: have them

hawkercpt said:
Don't know how much they are paying though.

Knowing the company probably paying through the nose for them. And for what so they can get rid of people in the OCC. Then we rely on these "blackberrys". I stll think you need to talk to a real person and not get something from a pager. Just wait until the CAMP goes down again and your balckberry goes blank. Then what?

They are probably saving money in one area while wasting it in another. Just like taxis verses rental cars.

How can they say you can't use them for personal use? When we were told that the phone cards are going away once everyone has a blackberry. That is the VM I heard.

I work for a corporation, but we just pick whatever plan works best for us. We then use our company credit cards to pay the monthly bill and turn in the front page of the bill with our monthly expenses.

Doesn't matter if it is personal or business calls. They just take care of the whole bill.

I am not saying I don't believe you. All I can go by is what our CP said. I ask again what happens when the phone cards go away?

thor said:
Ya Don't believe me unh!!

Thor --- You get 1000 minutes per month on that blackberry for voice calls. Once the phone cards are gone, you can use it for limited personal calls during your DUTY DAYS only, not for use when you are off duty.

When I say 'limited', it is implied that you are going to be using it to call home to the family, not calling all of your buddies.

That is the latest and greatest news that was on a recent voice mail from my PM. This info. comes from big Joe.

Latest resources

Back