• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilot aiding in police pursuit shot.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1-- "he heard a "crack" from the ground" (?!!?!?)

2-- just how *low* was he?

3-- That's quite a shot. Bad guy or not. Big-sky-little-bullet theory proven right once again.

4-- I wonder if this guy's wife said, "See, I told you you were hard-headed."

deadstick said:
1-- "he heard a "crack" from the ground" (?!!?!?)

2-- just how *low* was he?

3-- That's quite a shot. Bad guy or not. Big-sky-little-bullet theory proven right once again.

4-- I wonder if this guy's wife said, "See, I told you you were hard-headed."
Yea, I hear you. It seems a little odd that the bugger was smart enough to lead the plane enough to actually hit the pilot...but stranger things have happened.

And I can't believe no one jumped on the fact that he pulled back on the stick in is C-150 ;)

mar said:
I believe he has a long future in aviation. I've flown with lots of pilots with holes in their heads.

Hole in their head.

Oh come on. Someone had to say it. I can't belive this thread went this far and no one tried it before me.

You guys are gettin slow.

We are not getting slow. I was just waiting for a comment on "shooting the approach". Actually, I have been shot at and hit, and I'm not talking about South East Asia.

BD King said:
We are not getting slow. I was just waiting for a comment on "shooting the approach". Actually, I have been shot at and hit, and I'm not talking about South East Asia.
I was shot at and missed, shat at and hit and wiped all over the place...and that was down in South America.

Lower Arkansas, to be exact...but what does that have to do with anything?

Last edited:
You all are providing too much entertainment for a Thursday night! I think I will bring this article out when my students are struggling with landings.

I wish Spicer the best.

From now on my emergeny "scenario" will change from "what will you do if I pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning" to "how will you get back to the airport if I happen to get shot in the head"?

Last edited:
I just thought of something..

....when I was a cop, there was a specific clause in my personal automobile insurance that stated that I could not recover anything from them if my vehicle was damaged as the result of being operated during or for the purposes of a law enforcement function.

I wonder if this guy's insurance company will give him a hard time?

How about shooting an approach into ORD, landing, taxiing, stopping the aircraft and while doing the walk-around, finding two bullet holes in the rudder.
Apparently, we flew over the bad side of Chicago.

avbug said:
Nope. Just last year the FAA removed from under the "Do you now have or have you ever had" section the option to check the box that said "hit in forehead with .44 magnum in flight." Although if that option were indeed still there he could simply check the box and put "previously reported, no change," each year.

Now he's exempt from requiring a medical certificate. After all, if someone can get shot in the forehead and still fly, does anybody really care what other physical maladies might befall him? Seems a rather mute point.

Now he need only self certify that he isn't bleeding all over the aircraft interior, and he can fly with only an expired drivers license.
It's not a quiet point! *sigh* Come on now avbug, I expected better than that from you! :D

moot: Of no practical importance; irrelevant.

Latest resources

Back