Piedmont?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwings402

Is Piedmont hiring at all? Little or alot? I have 2200 TT 250ME ATP CFI-I MEI, how marketable am I to them? Or are they only hiring the academy guys?

Thanks

Yes, PDT is still hiring FO's. They hire UND, Purdue, SIU, ERAU grads and those that are current or former part 135, 121. They stick to this pretty strongly. So, even if you have quite a few hours flying part 61 or 91, they are not really interested however, if you are a big flight school grad or have prior 'structured training' or flying you should apply. Bob Trout, is no longer the HR man there however, you can still send in your resume and if they invite you up to SBY the job is yours to lose (I know, sooooo many people say this but in this case is really true). Good luck!

hotwings402 said:
Is Piedmont hiring at all? Little or alot? I have 2200 TT 250ME ATP CFI-I MEI, how marketable am I to them? Or are they only hiring the academy guys?

Thanks

And you want to go to Piedmont because ...... ?

CEO silly sap said:
get that furlough experience early in the career

It should help with the many years of shafting to come ... But actually man if you believe in Piedmont I've heard they have a great training program, and you don't need to be a hotshot UND grad or whatever, my buddy got hired on as a CFI in a cheap-o flight school ...

So if you really wanna go there for some odd reason, go for it ... You may get a chance to upgrade in 10 years when all the captains have to retire ...

TheBigH said:
It should help with the many years of shafting to come ... But actually man if you believe in Piedmont I've heard they have a great training program, and you don't need to be a hotshot UND grad or whatever, my buddy got hired on as a CFI in a cheap-o flight school ...

So if you really wanna go there for some odd reason, go for it ... You may get a chance to upgrade in 10 years when all the captains have to retire ...

Hot shot UND Grad huh? Little jealous there bud? There is just as many Purdue, Riddle and even a few community college guys, not to mention all the ex military, and other walk of life types at PDT.

I don't get it, what is the problem some have with UNDers, or Riddles, etc?

Dude, you'll get some really good 121 experience there. Alot of IFR and Icing stuff. Don't go there looking for a career, but 2 or three years will be alot of fun and you will be very maketable elsewhere, 121, 0r 91. Alot of great people there too.

DC8 Flyer said:
Hot shot UND Grad huh? Little jealous there bud? There is just as many Purdue, Riddle and even a few community college guys, not to mention all the ex military, and other walk of life types at PDT.

I don't get it, what is the problem some have with UNDers, or Riddles, etc?

Oh relax your bones I was just teasin ... UND came to mind cuz I was gonna go there til I decided I better do something else for a living that makes money, did that and somehow ended back in aviation, go figure ... But I have absolutely nothing against UND or ERAU, that's where my kids will go 20 years from now when they make the mistake of choosing an airline career ...

So no not jealous ... UND rocks, if I could go back in time I'd go there from the get-go ...

PDT Training

TheBigH said:
But actually man if you believe in Piedmont I've heard they have a great training program...

Uh...no...not true. JK requires you to re-engineer the airplane. Hope your good at engineering. And I hope your thick skinned. You will be required to know ALL of the idiosyncracies of the de Havilland Dash-8-100,-200, and-300 aircraft including the most incredible minutia you have ever seen. The AQP program they have boasts of being a great training program, but in reality is a checking program. There is a significant difference. Use of automation (yes, the auto-pilot) is restricted until LOFT. I think the problem is the corporate culture of the training department...even the whole airline. I taught Dash-8 training (SIM and ground) for 6 years. I'm disappointed by what I've seen and heard about this training program.

The Dash-8 is a truck. A nice truck. It is an aircraft originally designed to fly a multi-purpose regime in and out of hard surface airports and Canadian utility airports. (read STOL and unpaved surfaces) It is not a neccesarily a difficult aircraft to learn to fly, but these guys make you think you're learning to flying the Space Shuttle. It is, from what I'm told, one of the most difficult, high pressure training courses to get through and it doesn't need to be that way. How you TEACH has alot to do with the outcome of trainees.

Sorry, not much good news there.

T8 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back