Piedmont?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sync8 said:
Well..ALG is NO LONGER .. SO I would suggest that your time would be better spent trying to fix the company that you now work for..and be grateful that you have a job at all..like the rest of us trailing edge of technology Dash Trash types.. ALG MEC did give up YOUR rights to a hard fought contract..nothing is worse than that ...PERIOD..We all suck in different ways..now is the time to at least present a common front to get things changed for the better..We are all at PDT now ..as unfortunate as that is..So lets make the best of a difficult situation.. :rolleyes:

Bing. Go.

It seems that ALG peelots are already affecting change (aside from still leaving the inverters off and losing the dang load schedules every leg... just kidding), just keep the ball rolling toward a better work place- but this will never be out-and-back/free personal days/show up without signing in/whizwheel what?*/small town friendly/little airline that could. I'd personally like that a LOT, but it's as useless as ba!!s on a bishop to complain about what was ALG.

BTW, lose/loose, advice/advise, moron/moron. Drives me nuttier than squirrel pewp.

** apparently you got the whizwheel here, if the rumor mill is correct.

from my understanding the whizwheel is on its way, hopefully with some other good changes as well

as for the affecting change portion, yes, we are trying, but it takes time, and cooperation from the original pdt guys, everyone needs to stand up for the contract as it is, particularly the newbies, i've heard many stories of newbies not complying with portions of the contract because of sched strongarming, and wanting to be a 'good guy' ie, showing up in less than the mandated 1hr show time for reserve callout in lga

and the alg mec did not give up our rights to our contract,
that was taken away by group,
because of pdt's weaker contract along with other mitigating factors (some alg, some pdt based)
trust me, if we could have brought our contract, we would have

the plethora of greivances are being dealt with, slowly, but its a work in progress, expect quite a laundry list of 'non econimic issues' to be brought before the company for negotiations

leaving inverters off? dunno about that one, granted i sometimes dont remember all the friggin bells you guys have to do, but i try

out-n-backs, well thats up to people being able to get JS to start making decent schedules, unfortunately we brought him with us...but theres a couple of other good people in that dept, maybe he'll start listening to them.

want to help? get involved, there are tons of open positions on committees and associated opportunities to help make a difference.

maybe someday we can make pdt a good place to work again, but it will take time, and hard work

oh, and stop with the bloody 1200 rpm for the last ten miles on approach when its no where near m-vfr, let alone minimums :D

Dash8 said:
from my understanding the whizwheel is on its way, hopefully with some other good changes as well
leaving inverters off? dunno about that one, granted i sometimes dont remember all the friggin bells you guys have to do, but i try

oh, and stop with the bloody 1200 rpm for the last ten miles on approach when its no where near m-vfr, let alone minimums :D

BWAHAHAHA!!

Man, I've sat up front with a few of you'uns, and I always had a blast. Once I flew with a new-to-pdt PLUS upgrade, first leg out of SOE (he is CRAZED, and we love him), and another it was his first go at a -300 (I hate the dang things. If I wanted to land a jet, I'd fly a jet), amongst a handful of other really cool guys. Who (other than a perpetual tight-arse or Mrs. Queen of Training /Charlotte) truly gives a rat's can about the inverters? I mess with you nonstop, because I don't care. That's a sum-total of 5 switches to peek at before settling into the routine. Wow! I'll do it, no problem. Not without some BSing, though!

Pretty sad to watch a 20 year captain a-gawp at the flags on the guages and call mx, and that ain't ALG or PDT- but DUM. Three lil' switches on my side, and PRESTO! THEY DISAPPEAR!

Cheese and fries, people. It will take a few months to unlearn the ALG way. As far as I know, however, the plane actually still flies EITHER way. Amazing! Next CQ, nail it.

Howzbout Vref+10/35* at the marker? In Charlotte? At Max? During the crazy times? Clear blue and a million? Fly it like you stole it... fast, quiet, and I can't think of a third thing right now, but I'm sure there is one.

Very well said, sync8, we do all need to come together and stop the squabbling, especially with all the recalling and what not in the MEC. We need to present a strong, unified front to management and draw on the things we have in common, especially that we all need a better quality of life. I also agree with your statement about our ALG MEC (well, three individuals, really) that wiped with our contract and screwed us all. I see red over that to this day. It is a real pity that happened, together our contracts would have rocked. Group knew it and played us as fools, and now you're right, let's move on and try to move up.

Keep the dirtier side down.

sync8 said:
Well..ALG is NO LONGER .. SO I would suggest that your time would be better spent trying to fix the company that you now work for..and be grateful that you have a job at all..like the rest of us trailing edge of technology Dash Trash types.. ALG MEC did give up YOUR rights to a hard fought contract..nothing is worse than that ...PERIOD..We all suck in different ways..now is the time to at least present a common front to get things changed for the better..We are all at PDT now ..as unfortunate as that is..So lets make the best of a difficult situation.. :rolleyes:

we do all need to come together and stop the squabbling, especially with all the recalling and what not in the MEC. We need to present a strong, unified front to management and draw on the things we have in common, especially that we all need a better quality of life.

Amen Brother.... Amen....

Heh, I kinda like the inverters off during a turn. Makes the office a little quieter.

jeesh they don't make that much noise....

sounds like the complaint i heard when asked why none of y'all use the intercom's

"I don't like the noise of the ignitors when were starting"

lets see.....10 seconds of a mildly annoying noise (which only really happens on the ancient 100's you guys have been truckin around in, not our nicer/newer 100's), or being able to hear each without yelling??? i'm goin with the safety factor on that one kiddo's and use the intercom

Just the way we've always done it. Different culture over at PDT than ALG. Same thing with the DC headsets. Just not the way we operate.

If you've got to have the hot mic, ball up a piece of paper, and stick it in the yoke PTT to hold open the hot mic. After that, just use the PTT on the side.

It's nice to have the intercom sometimes. If the Capt forced me to use it, then I would put my mic. up close to my nose and let him hear me breath all the way home. I did like it at T/O, but the things quiet enough in cruise, you don't really need it.

Is PDT hiring, I really miss the Dash!

Yeah, we're hiring....

Right into reserve at LGA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back