• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont - Union says airline offered pilots 'free pass' on checkrides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm kinda glad the company got bad publicity...but lord knows there are much better things that they could and should have gotten in trouble for.

True.

We will never know who really did it, since he (or she or they) will never have the stones to own up to it. I have my own suspicions, but I can't substantiate any of them so I will keep them to myself.

All we have to do is wait. Once they think the storm has blown over, they'll start talking.

They've demonstrated willingness to run to an untrusted source with private info- they'll certainly want some attaboys for doing it if they think the audience will give them.

What a stupid, stupid, stupid move.

All I'm saying is look at how things got where they are. There is one single event that happened in '06 or early '07 (I think) that started the labor / management relations slide. The company has always taken liberties with the contract but you always knew you could work with them. Most of the issues you state were worked out before things went in the toilet.

I'll grant you that all of them should have been done without asking. Unfortunately that's not how things work there.

Not my place anymore to try and get in the middle of it. Hope you guys can get this crap straightened out.

What event?

What event?

I'm going to venture a guess and say it involved ice. As in, feckin' ice falling out of the sky and crews begging DX to stop sending planes into PHL.

Or not. There are a host of things that occurred in that time frame that were just silly.

Latest resources

Back