Piedmont - Union says airline offered pilots 'free pass' on checkrides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I finished up with her and sent her his way.:D

I agree with the above too. There are much better ways to handle the whole thing than crying wolf...
The little boy that is crying wolf to the press is going to get his a$$ beat by the PDT pilots too, not just by the check airmen. The whole thing does tend to make the place look second class.

I agree, but what does this say about your MEC putting this out in the news themselves? They're the ones looking like the whiny cry babies.
Boo Hoo Hoo! We don't have all the facts yet, but we're going to take this story to the press!
Give me a break!
I'm glad to hear you guys respect this DE, he sounds like one of the few stand up guys in the industry. Hope he's around a bit longer.

I agree, but what does this say about your MEC putting this out in the news themselves? They're the ones looking like the whiny cry babies.
Boo Hoo Hoo! We don't have all the facts yet, but we're going to take this story to the press!
Give me a break!
I'm glad to hear you guys respect this DE, he sounds like one of the few stand up guys in the industry. Hope he's around a bit longer.

The MEC didn't go to the news on this. They only reacted to the news once it was out of the bag.

The MEC didn't go to the news on this. They only reacted to the news once it was out of the bag.

There are certain MEC members and pilots behind the scenes who live to throw mud in management's eye. With that letter, those pilots and MEC members have let their mouth overload their asses. You can't expect to gain a new contract, enjoy any additional quality of life outside the current contract (make no mistake about it, mgmt CAN make your lives miserable inside the context of that contract) or expect Tempe to want to put any additional flying on PDT.

The letter in question is supposed to have been confidential within the MEC, but yet was leaked to the media. Someone within the MEC leaked it. Until you guys take care of that leak, and in turn do some serious house cleaning on the MEC you can expect a very bumpy ride. In my opinion, you've earned that bumpy ride by not participating in your pilot leadership and have allowed self-serving, egotistical people get away with whatever they want.

Lord knows I had plenty of issues with PDT management when I was there, but I understood a mutual respect of both parties to acheive the same goal existed. When all was said and done, the MEC and members of management understood we were on the same team but had different ideas on how to run the plays.

What's going on now is tearing up a lot hard work that other people did. Pretty damn hard to watch from the sidelines, but it's like that bad wreck on the interstate. You just can't NOT stop and gawk. Rant off, man I'm glad I don't have to participte in that crap anymore!

Current book or less in contract talks does not sound like "mutual respect" to me.

J.S. giving us a "good product" and "the best he can" with schedules is a disrespect too.

Refusing to give us crewtrack and proper payroll software is damn near criminal.

Half the answers on Ask Piedmont are dismissive at best.

All the previous hard work of others was in shambles before this little diddy hit the papers. Our training department has a bad reputation. Our relationship with the Feds is shady in the eyes of many pilots. A lot of this is undeserved and/or paranoia. However, when our chief check airman pulls a mickey mouse stunt like that and think it's appropriate behavior for a man of his position, it makes me pause just a little... It makes me wonder if the BS CQ rides and insane things JP attempts to "teach" are worth overlooking anymore. Mind you, the guy does have heart and works way too hard for this outfit...

The allegations are 100% true. Not commenting on his motive or that of the leak and where it originated, for that is not the point. The point is, things have to change. Change beyond a shake up in the MEC for f*** sakes.

All I'm saying is look at how things got where they are. There is one single event that happened in '06 or early '07 (I think) that started the labor / management relations slide. The company has always taken liberties with the contract but you always knew you could work with them. Most of the issues you state were worked out before things went in the toilet.

I'll grant you that all of them should have been done without asking. Unfortunately that's not how things work there.

Not my place anymore to try and get in the middle of it. Hope you guys can get this crap straightened out.

Says the MEC.

True.

We will never know who really did it, since he (or she or they) will never have the stones to own up to it. I have my own suspicions, but I can't substantiate any of them so I will keep them to myself.

Latest resources

Back