• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

piedmont psa flow through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Considering that none of the J4J carriers will let the recalls go without holding them for nine months, somehow I do not think that the companies have any intention of letting their guys go for the flow thru.

However the recalls seem like all will be back (or held) by the end of the year. The bottom of the APL list has received group II letters and a good chunk of the CEL's have also.

Airways will be hiring for the 190 by the end of the year in my opinion. The newhires will be stuck on the bottom for a while since the held recalls will keep coming in above them for 9 months but with all the retirements and the hose job that the middle part of the list got, I doubt that you will see many of the remaining 88 to 91 hires come back, they can never make Captain before they hit 60 or 65. I suspect that there are a couple dozen J4J guys that will not take recall for the same reason and will remain left seat where they are (Per individual J4J agreements) Don't know about PSA but RAH, and a couple others do not require them to take recall.

Will be interesting how Airways reacts when they have to keep a couple hundred seats guaranteed to guys being held while they are having to hire off the street. Sounds like a recipe for a possible furlough of newhires when the 9 months is up until attrition covers the "J4J held hiring float".

Latest resources

Back