Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8orboy

LAS-FIDOE-MCY-SMOKY
Piedmont Hawthorne soon to be known as Landmark. Why Garrett would change the name of a well known FBO like this is beyond me.

av8orboy said:
Piedmont Hawthorne soon to be known as Landmark. Why Garrett would change the name of a well known FBO like this is beyond me.

I think if you do some checking you'll find that Garrett didn't take over P/H it was the other way around. Garrett was previously owned by GE and sold off.

I wish they would have just kept it as Piedmont-Hawthorne.

Hopefully they'll bring in some "hotties" with the name change!!!:beer:

Why Garrett would change the name of a well known FBO like this is beyond me
Perhaps to mitigate the stigma associated with being sued halfway to oblivion for questionable, or downright dishonest, maintenance practices?

Just a thought from someone whose heard a lot, and even seen some of it personally.

:D

Minh

Garrett or Piedmont-Hawthorne?

Piedmont-Hawthorne.

I don't know about other locations, but I've heard quite a few nightmarish stories about maintenance at GSO and INT, and subsequent lawsuits in some cases. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of those stories, but they are pretty common.

I can, however, vouch for the nightmarish maintenance experiences that I've seen first-hand, and they would be bad enough on their own. :eek:

Hopefully they'll bring in some "hotties" with the name change!!!
Let's pray! :D

Minh

Snakum said:
Piedmont-Hawthorne.

I don't know about other locations, but I've heard quite a few nightmarish stories about maintenance at GSO and INT, and subsequent lawsuits in some cases. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of those stories, but they are pretty common.

I can, however, vouch for the nightmarish maintenance experiences that I've seen first-hand, and they would be bad enough on their own. :eek:

Let's pray! :D

Minh

I dont know about nightmarish, but I would say their maintenance is a bit over priced.

I've never found PH's facilities or ammenities to be anything better than so-so. Maybe they'll step it up a notch now. Never had any Mx done there.

dont know about nightmarish, but I would say their maintenance is a bit over priced.
I won't go into the specifics (bad politics), but suffice it to say what I've seen personally is, indeed, horrific. There's just no excuse for burning up thousands of dollars in multiple test flights to get a radar installation done correctly. Or for burning thousands calibrating an autopilot. Or a radar altimeter. Or tearing down the engine and related systems on a piston twin three times before it's owner finally figures out (and proves) that a mud daubers nest has been the source of the problem all along. It goes on and on ... and these are just the ones I've seen with my own peepers, and doesn't count the horror stories I hear, or the guys who had anti-PH websites set up until they were forced to take them down due to legal action. One guy had a fresh rebuild in a Bonanza throw a rod thru the case in flight, due to some stupid error on PH's part, iirc. He also sued ... and he won, as I hear it.

Of course, it is possible that being relatively new to business aviation, I have been blissfully unaware that most facilities are like this.

Minh

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back