• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Flowthrough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's 22 more than PSA upgraded last year.

I read the same about the recall. A friend of mine, yes I have some friends at AAA, got a letter and he does not have a class date until somewhere around summer. The flow Piedmont is selling to new hires is not going to take place until early 2009. Pdt is going to upgrade 30 pilots this year. That's it. They can hardly keep up with the F/o's they are losing on a daily basis.
Flow up or not, if you are a F/o at Pdt, I would say you should look for some other train to jump on.

Sad, but true

Actually there are 4 190 f/o slots open right now. The letter that have gone out are NOT recall letters. They are letters saying they are getting close to your Number. There aren't any letters going out, for classes in the summer sometime either. Right now they are down to 3/99 class dates. The letters that went out were sent to 4/99 class dates. The person in the 3/99 class date, was told he'd have a possible class in March or April. The current bid they are working on is for May 1st. Meaning your trained and qualified for the equipment on that date. Either way, No one past 4/99 has gotten a letter. They have a long way to go before they even reach the summer of 99. About 300-500 more people to get through the summer of 99.

That's 22 more than PSA upgraded last year.

I have no idea where that 30 pilots upgrading at PDT comes from. According to the the "ask PDT" feature in the employee section of the website, they stated that they were only upgrading 18, or something like that, in 2007.

I think the upgrade may be even worse here than at PSA. According to Airline Pilot Central, your most junior captain has a 2002 DOH. PDT's most junior CA is a 2001 DOH, and there a still plenty of '00 holdouts. Either way, it's a pitiful looking future for any of the wholly owned FO's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back