Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WSurf

The Smack Down!
Heard Piedmont was doing some Upgrades and Also that the furloughs are gonna be recalled! Anyone know about this. Plus Piedmont will take over customer service among all three WO's with Piedmont working directly under Mainline and Piedmont handling all the training of the WO's. This is great news for the pilots.

your source please, was this on your co web site, was it in a memo from the chief pilots office where from? please back your sh1t up.

I should add that I don't know about the rest of the stuff; cust. serv. and trng. just rumors from what I've heard up till now.

Settle down LearLove, remember half the crap on here starts as rumors. Like PSA, getting RJ's and doing proving runs last Oct. Mostly the reason for Upgrades and furlough call backs are because of people going to ATA and AirTran. Piedmont pilots have a good connection with AirTran and they are droppin like flies. So we are short pilots! I have been at Piedmont 3.5 (very close to upgrading) years and want to upgrade and move on if this place is gonna go down hill. So hope more leave, however many are hanging out because they feel this is the closest they have come to getting RJ's. And I hope so for a bunch of our 10 year plus guys that plan not to go anywhere.
As for Piedmont taking over costumer service, I saw the memo and it was annouced last Wednesday.
Okay another rumor!! 2 CRJ sims are in the process of being put on trucks and being delivered from Atlanta to either PIT or CLT. And that by the end of the year, there won't be WO's but only one company. Remember we will have a 100% flow with mainline. For some of these young guys this could be a great chance to move up within our system. With a bunch of mainline guys retiring within the next 4-6 years, it could be a great place to start. Or we could be out of business in 3-5 years and on the street.

Are we going to learn any info on our future anytime soon? I was under the impression that if we ever emerged from Bankruptcy that the gods of Crystal City were going to unvail the "BIG PLAN". Guess not!! Yall really think we'll ever get any of those Revenue
Jets? If so, who's going to fly them?

Any word if anyone of the top 12 on the furlough list arn't coming back or have resigned there number. i'm 14 so I'm hopeing at least two people will decide not to return or have gone on to something else.

Hey Spartus,
I know of at least 2 people above you that went to Chitaco so I would think that you would get a call unless they didn't stay. I'd kinda like to just miss the cut so that I can watch at home with double the pay and see what happens with the company. Don't want to give up a decent job if I'm just going to be a seasonal pilot. Good Luck

Glad to hear Piedmont is starting to get on track again. Any idea if there are going to continue parking the Dashes as there leases come up? When I left there in September that was the plan. Still got lots of friends there and I hope it all works out for everyone. Hope it gets better for everyone there because its going to be the end of the decade before any of the Majors ever hire again and the jobs at Air Tran and ATA are pretty tough to get even if you know somebody. A lot of people are going there but a lot of people left Piedmont 3 years ago to go to United and US Air Mainline and we all know where they are. In a way that kinda what makes it interesting though, never knowing what might happen. It's all part of the game I guess. This whole industry will probably survive but the days of making 300k a year as a pilot are over. I can tell you that flying corporate is no more stable but I don't work many weekends and I am treated better than I was at Piedmont.

CD

Here's the acutal memo as posted in the crew rooms. No one is taking over much of anything. Everyone sit down and have a nice tall glass of chill the F&%+ out.

April 10, 2003

Customer Services and Ground Equipment Maintenance Employees at Allegheny, Piedmont and PSA

We have collectively made a decision to restructure the Customer Services and Ground Equipment Maintenance functions at Allegheny, Piedmont and PSA to further reduce operating costs, streamline operational decision making and improve the quality and consistency of the product delivered by the three wholly owned carriers. The current agreement that Allegheny and PSA have with Piedmont for management of the US Airways Express Training Department will be expanded to include Quality Assurance, Operations Reporting, Performance Measurement, Management Development and coordination of Ground Equipment Maintenance. This change will provide for all stations to be trained, measured, developed and supported in a consistent manner across the Express Division. Eric Morgan will assume the title of US Airways Express VP of Customer Services in addition to his position at Piedmont and will head a Department Leadership Team (DLT) that will have direct management over these functions and be the administrator of these services for Allegheny, Piedmont and PSA.

The Department Leadership Team will include the Directors of Stations and the GSE Managers from the Wholly Owned Carriers and the Director of US Airways Express Training. The DLT will report to US Airways through the Vice President of the Express Division and to three wholly owned carrier Presidents to ensure there is a consistent focus on safety, cost effectiveness and courteous care for our customers. The Department Leadership Team will also act as the primary point of contact for information exchange with US Airways and will be charged with helping to eliminate barriers to consistent product delivery between mainline and express stations.

This change will affect department level management and support personnel but will not directly impact station management or line personnel. Station personnel, management and line personnel, will continue to be employed by their current carrier and will continue to be a recipient of and subject to that carrier’s personnel policies, benefits and collective bargaining agreements.

Additional information will be forthcoming as we move toward the May 1st implementation date. The DLT will provide you with specifics on their structure and function, opportunities for growth, the communication plan for listening to everyone’s ideas and for sharing information, the plan for bridging carrier and departmental boundaries to allow for the efficient completion of business transactions and the priorities and goals that are being established and by which US Airways Express Customer Services’ successes will be measured. The DLT will also provide a calendar of events to include opportunities for you to receive information and offer valued input on ways to strengthen Customer Services function and effectively meet our employees’ and our customer’s expectations for professionalism and caring service.

The goal of the DLT is to work with you to capitalize on the strengths that exist at each of the carriers today and to meld them into a singularly functioning unit that will be stronger and more cost efficient than the individual pieces. We look forward to your contributions to the success of the restructured Customer Services Department.

Latest resources

Back