Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Never

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Want to, but can't seem to remember.

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

ShawnC

Skirts Will Rise
I recently went flying and for the first time I remember to bring my camera. The pictures weren't too great but I thought that it was pretty cool to finally have pictures from while I was flying.

So I am wondering does anyone else take a camera up with them? No matter how big or small the camera or the plane I would like to know.

I keep a quality disposable camera in my flight bag. I find that a Fujiquicksnap does a pretty good job. I've also used the Kodak disposable with good results.
8N

Ditto. I cary a disposable Kodac or Fuji (whatever is cheaper when I buy 'em) in my flight case. You never know when a neat shot will arise.

S.

I've got a Canon S100 digital elph. It's been great. The storage card can hold about 80 shots, and the pics turn out very clear. It's tiny too, so I can throw it into my flight bag and not even know it's there.

Actually, on one flight, I took my friend's digital camcorder and mounted up on top of the instument panel and recorded me flying the plane. Not too much action, but I did for the flight when I was doing stalls for the first time. I got some pretty good footage when I did a power on stall and recovered, and then asked my instuctor "What would happen if I didn't recover and just held it back?" Her reply was "try it and find out." That's classic footage to see myself when the plane finally nosed over:D .

Anyone care to post some of their favirotes?

One of my favorites is a picture I took of the twin towers at 1500ft. You can almost see inside the buildings. At my last employer (yes I was furloughed) we could fly VFR trips "up the river" and as a result, I got some good pics. of Manhatten out of the mighty ATR.

Camera's

I fly fire patrol flights during the summer. You can get some amazing pictures of fires. We fly into some pretty desolate areas and you can always count on seeing a moose or a bear. Not to mention the occasional hunting camp on fire.

I always carry my digital elph. Like the other guy said, it is the best thing since sliced bread. It's great when one of your gauges goes belly up....and maintenance doesn't believe you cuz it won't do it again :)

Its also great on saturday nights out on the town :D

Latest resources

Back