Picture on Resume?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

reepicheep

What do you think....would it be a good idea to have a small picture of yourself printed out on your resume...especially if you met the chief pilot and want him to remember your face?

Generally it's considered a no-no, but I'd be interested to hear opinions.

Picture

Don't do it! I used to be a pilot recruiter and thought that it was the stupidest thing I had ever seen. A goofy picture of a pilot on the resume. Just my two cents.

72Longhorn

Pix on resumes

Absolutely not. Number one, it is not a requirement. Number two, you might remind the recruiter who reviews your resume of someone he/she dislikes. Number three, although your puss might be that of a movie star and the archetype pilot from Central Casting, the recruiter might feel that you don't fit in with the airline's image. Number four, some people photograph horribly but look just fine in person. Number five, a photo on a resume is just non-standard.

Don't give them a chance or excuse to ace you. Leave the pic off.

Just my .02. I appreciate seeing a recruiter's point of view as well.

Arrrggg! Don't do it! :eek:

I had a resume submitted to me last year with a picture on it (for a software engineer position). Now, the woman who submitted this resume did NOT look very attractive to me - she had a "I'm a total psycho hose-beast" look to her. I have to admit that my first reaction was, "Holy crap - do I *really* want someone that looks like her to be working with us?" Then I felt guilty for being such a superficial idiot, especially since I had no idea what this woman was really like. So I reviewed her application a little more closely, and made a special effort to find the positives in it. But then I thought that maybe I'm giving her TOO much special consideration because of my guilt. And so on...

Finally, I got pissed off that her decision to put a picture on her resume cost me a couple of extra minutes of time and mental anguish, and threw it out.

So there you have it. I can't imagine anything good can come from it.

I put a coupon for free beer at Hooters on my resume and it seems to get a lot more attention. I am thinking about adding a 50% discount coupon for this Bangkok massage parlor near LAX when I apply to the majors. Stapling $100 bills to your resume works pretty good too.

Pictures of ugly dudes dont seem to work too well but if you're a chick and you look like Pamela Anderson a nice bikini pose may do the trick.

In the U.S., most companies would reject a resume with a picture, or obliterate the picture.

HR managers tend to be uncomfortable with resume pictures because they could be discovered and used as evidence in discrimination suits.

I'm talking regular companies, with the wacky HR practices of airlines, who can say?

Jim

Don't do it.... It'd make you look like either an idiot or an egomaniac. Maybe both!!

It's odd how our practices are so different from those of the Europeans in areas like this. In Europe it is common practice, even required much of the time, to include a photo.

In the USA, fu-ged-uh-bowd-it...

Latest resources

Back