• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

Photo: King Air With New Glass Cockpit

EatSleepFly

Total Time
Some
Glad they finally got rid of the ugly beige panel!

As for the glass... same old info, new display. Probably overpriced... :)

HMR

I Live by the River.
Total Time
100+
User997 said:
Looks like they're using the Collins ProLine 21 glass... what do you guys think of the new look?
New look?:confused:

Hasn't that been out for over two years?

RJPilott

Total Time
some
Do you have one lit up?

I spent many days and nights in a C90 and 200. The King Air just feels more at home with that big ol' ADI ball in front of you.

HMR

I Live by the River.
Total Time
100+
RJPilott said:
I spent many days and nights in a C90 and 200. The King Air just feels more at home with that big ol' ADI ball in front of you.
I know what you mean. I thought the same thing until my first stormy night all by my lonesome in a newer BE20. Programming the FMS then sitting back and watching the digital autopilot fly a perfect DME arc and approach cured me of any nostalgia.;)

RJPilott

Total Time
some
Yes, an FMS would have definitely come in handy on a few of those nights. Especially after a long day of 91 flying. But, i didnt know what i was missing at that time. I thought the Argus and AP were the best thing since sliced bread.

mzaharis

Total Time
April issue of Flying magazine has a good picture of a 200 cockpit with pro-line 21, all lit up.

GVJeff

Total Time
captdippe' said:
Sure as hell beats a KLN90
Is it really better than the KLN-90B? How many airports have you been unable to find, or unable to land at because you only had the KLN-90B, and not the Proline 21?

I agree that it is a better looking cockpit, but the G-V does not find airports any better than the G-II I fly on occasion.

HMR

I Live by the River.
Total Time
100+
GVJeff said:
Is it really better than the KLN-90B?
Good point. Plus, I can program an 89, 90B or 94 blindfolded, hands behind my back, using only the cleft in my chin to turn the knobs.;)

The only benefit to an FMS I can think of is coupled VNAV and loading flight plans?