• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Photo: King Air With New Glass Cockpit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad they finally got rid of the ugly beige panel!

As for the glass... same old info, new display. Probably overpriced... :)

User997 said:
Looks like they're using the Collins ProLine 21 glass... what do you guys think of the new look?
New look?:confused:

Hasn't that been out for over two years?

Do you have one lit up?

I spent many days and nights in a C90 and 200. The King Air just feels more at home with that big ol' ADI ball in front of you.

RJPilott said:
I spent many days and nights in a C90 and 200. The King Air just feels more at home with that big ol' ADI ball in front of you.
I know what you mean. I thought the same thing until my first stormy night all by my lonesome in a newer BE20. Programming the FMS then sitting back and watching the digital autopilot fly a perfect DME arc and approach cured me of any nostalgia.;)

Yes, an FMS would have definitely come in handy on a few of those nights. Especially after a long day of 91 flying. But, i didnt know what i was missing at that time. I thought the Argus and AP were the best thing since sliced bread.

April issue of Flying magazine has a good picture of a 200 cockpit with pro-line 21, all lit up.

captdippe' said:
Sure as hell beats a KLN90
Is it really better than the KLN-90B? How many airports have you been unable to find, or unable to land at because you only had the KLN-90B, and not the Proline 21?

I agree that it is a better looking cockpit, but the G-V does not find airports any better than the G-II I fly on occasion.

Latest resources

Back